Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Anj4

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely! Decided the long zip was less fussy. I suspect I'll go with the full-fat fleece too, just to give me the 'these amps go up to 11' option when things get properly chilly. The weather has already slipped here, cold enough for the Irivin without feeling that I was overdoing it, so it appears the forecasters were right about winter bowling in over the weekend.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
D-1 territory here in the South-West :) especially when out on the Bike. Hopefully will get in some Irvin time in the next few weeks.

bepoq

New in Town
only ever had one sheepskin—traded a cheap antique leather for it, and it was a good trade but not even playing the same sport as these ones. I've never been much for militaria, but these ANJs completely do it for me for some reason, I think the pockets. Just gorgeous.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Okay, I've hammered down the finer details with Denny at Gala, always a pleasure, never a chore! I've gone with a mid-length shearling, longer than the really heavy stuff, with a slightly matt seal coating; seal goat facings, and contrasting triple stitching.

John Lever

One Too Many
I would stay on spec. with the shearling length as the pattern will be based on the original designation and fit could be compromised. The stitching sounds great but why not go for the Vincenza horse ?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The shearling is still thick, so I'm not too worried - I'm a size 36 with a narrow frame, so it'll be in proportion to me. The shearling has a flatter finish to the seal than the one Ken sent you, I think, and the goat toned well with it - also, goat was used on original ANJs. That said, I've asked Rachel to send me some samples (I should have done that at the time, I have no idea what I was thinking of), so I've got time to change my mind - I wouldn't be a Lounge member if I didn't do that at least 50 times before getting my jacket!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'll post them when I get the samples, see what people think. Maybe a very grainy Vicenza. Ah, it's always the fun bit, making up your mind.

SteveZ

One of the Regulars
That jacket looks nearly identical to an Excelled brand G8 type cowhide flight jacket I picked up on E Bay last month with the exception of the fur collar and lining. Does this jacket have zippers in the lower sleeves like my Coat ? You guys think that some coat manufacturer decided to modify the ANJ-4 as an offshoot to see if it would attract sales ? Man Im tellin ya, it looks like my G8 without the fur but I did notice that the diamond shaped elbow reinforcements are missing but thats it.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
View media item 623View media item 622View media item 621
STILL geeking out over mine.

It arrived early last week, right after a record early snowfall. I rode around yesterday "open cockpit" (windows down in freezing weather) and it really is warm! Aero (Mr. Tony Glover) did a superb job- and the information given by Mr. Sloan and Mr. Lever on this forum has been most helpful in my purchasing this fine jacket.

zoran

Banned
So I was cheeky and asked Ken if I could borrow one of the new pattern long zip type Anj4 jackets. Of course he agreed and after a one week wait he sent one out by courier.
What a beautiful jacket it is made from very nice soft sheepskin with superb soft cream coloured shiny fleece and really great horse hide facings of the correct colour. The first impression was that this is an easy wearing garment as there is no struggle to get it on and it zips up the first time with ease. There is virtually no restriction to movement. This is a generous 42 with plenty of room so it would be wise to check dimensions carefully when ordering. It's also quite long and gives adequate cover of the lower back without the skirting that can occur when the side belts are tightened.
I notice that this jacket has a two panel back. Most of the originals seem to be single panel, certainly the Eastman and Lost Worlds have single panels so I am unsure whether this is a copy of a specific contract.
There are a couple of minor seam wobbles but these are very minor and certainly wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I only point them out to be objective.
So in comparison to the recently reviewed Lost Worlds I would say that this is almost as good. It comes very very close in terms of quality and exceeds it in the choice of leather trim. The double rivets are àlso very nice touch.The main thing though is the price, it is almost half the cost !
In conclusion I would say that there is no longer any need to go to The Real McCoy's as we have our own version in Scotland.
Thanks to Bernie for making the jacket.
Apologies for any inverted images Tiny pic doesn't like my tablet.
wclgdl.jpg

10h0vx1.jpg

k1rlup.jpg

2hf6ycg.jpg

20ubznn.jpg

15yt2fs.jpg
Hello.What is the total weight of Aero Anj4?Did you measure it?What is the size of the jacket?On these photos it looks better than the others.Best .Zoran

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot