Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Board Racer fit

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I don't think the problem is the jacket being too short, i think the problem is your jeans having too low a rise.
If you add body length you are going to have that weird elongated torso look, i wouldn't do it.

I also don't think the zipper ending above the belt is a problem, that's how mine is and it has never been a problem in any way.

J5Y2psY.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Good point here Carlos! If you are not comforatble with higher-rise jeans, then add your 1" to the jacket body.

Looks very good here regardless and maybe buying the fit jacket is the right option (jeans are much cheaper & do not require a waiting period to buy compared to a new Aero).

Edward

Bartender
I don't think the problem is the jacket being too short, i think the problem is your jeans having too low a rise.
If you add body length you are going to have that weird elongated torso look, i wouldn't do it.

I also don't think the zipper ending above the belt is a problem, that's how mine is and it has never been a problem in any way.

J5Y2psY.jpg

Agreed - the low waist will definitely affect these things. I wouldn't elongate a jacket to meet it myself, as it will throw off the proportions with which the jacket was designed. Certainly wouldn't shorten one of these either: the cafe racer style should be that tiny bit longer than a halfbelt.

OP's fit jacket looks fine. I might be tempted to try on something bigger if you want to wear more than a T under it, but it looks good as it is. Carlos' fit here is exactly how they 'should' be, imo. Not skintight, but neat.

I wouldn't bring the zip down to the hem either. The way it is was deliberately designed so you could sit on a motorcycle and it would slide over your hips instead of bunching or pushing up. To my eye, it's a key element of the style which really gives it a nice little point of distinction from all the other cafe racers out there.

d z

New in Town
Thanks all for the feedback!

Leaning towards keeping the fit jacket. I'm going to check with Carrie to see what production times are for custom, but chances are i'll keep it.

Sitting down, the zipper hits right where my waist bends, with the flaps folding over. In a perfect world, I'd maybe add half an inch, but it sounds like half an inch is within the expected margin of error anyway when giving Aero measurements.

Looking forward to breaking this in!

(Inside, lol, until the weather cools down again in the fall)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass