Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Bootlegger in super heavy cordovan horsehide – 44

classicinjection

New in Town
Alright someone buy my Vanson (worn 2-3 times) model B 44 and my broken in Comet 44 and or Simmons Bilt Roadster jerky horse 42 So I can buy this jacket!!

Kunja

Practically Family
A couple of fit pics as requested. I'm 6 ft 175 in the photos and typically wear a 42.
kunja-aero-bootlegger-fit.jpg
kunja-aero-bootlegger-fit2.jpg

Lone Starr

New in Town
Hey, that's a really nice jacket and just my size! About $100 out of reach for me though.

Last edited:

BikerMan

A-List Customer
I wonder if this is actually horse?
It looks a lot like steer to me and i don't think Aero ever sold 4.5oz HH, i wonder if this jacket could be a survivor from the "Storse" debacle before Ken came back.
If it is indeed HH it is one of the nices i have seen!

Does it have a production tag with a date in the pockets?
Howdy. I was just about to say the same thing. It looks slot like my steerhide car coat by aero. Same grain and everything.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ So I once owned this jacket. Actually, make that twice. I would say it's steerhide. It was so heavy it was actually uncomfortble to wear. The sleeves were about 2" too short for me. Tried to make it work, but it just was nover quite "right" for me. There are some threads on this jacket here.

I actually purchased this jacket off ebay as only a "Brown Aero leather jacket" and then photos. The original (ebay) seller never disclosed any details on how it was purchased or ordered. It was every bit of 10 lbs. However the leather itself was rather "flat" of character and did not really ever "warm up" the the wearer. It was a nice jacket, but I was not too dissapointed to let it go (twice).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto