Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cycle King

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I’d be interested in Terry’s input but my understanding is that the Cycle Champ took different shapes across the years.

Thank you for asking, but I have not special knowledge of the HD jackets. The Cycle Champ has always been a favorite of mine, but never found one I could wear. I did own this very early Cycle Queen. No label is present or missing.

DSC01196.jpg
DSC01212.jpg
DSC01216.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
@dannyk This is what I knew to be true. It was a really small fee. I don’t remember the amount but it was small, especially when compared to other makers. Like their custom fees.

@Carlos840 Do you know if the jacket was kept in stock by HD? That may be why they sent you there. If they changed their policy that would suck. Or it was simply the kick-ass Constantine at work. Was he around when you ordered the Champ?

That jacket was kept in stock at the HD Museum. I placed my order on the HD Museum website, constantine told me i had to order through HD.
They shipped the first one to me from the Museum, it arrived damaged, i emaild Constantine and he basically took over.
The HD museum sent me a label to ship the jacket back straight to Vanson, and Constantine had them make me a new one and shipped it to me straight from Vanson. (It was out of stock at HDM, i had bought the last one.)

I am pretty sure the deal is the same as with the Commando, they can't sell it through the Vanson shop, you have to go through HD.
I think he would have been able to make an XS version because the guys at HD where OK with it, just like my custom Commando, i had to get the OK from Left Field before i could put my order down and i made all payments to Left Field even though Vanson was the one dealing with Customer Service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points