Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cycle King

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The Vanson version is IMO a clear winner...
I don't see a single reason to pick the Aero over the Vanson.

1SdwFnR.jpg

9VbBFiW.jpg

Mandarin

Practically Family
Well, that sucks!
I'm so glad i got mine before that happened...

You sure?
It just shows out of stock on the website, maybe a new batch is coming?

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/shop/Mens-Cycle-King-Jacket/p/99488-21MM

Fact is, the HD site is the only outlet, and this model has been sold out for a while.
Don't know if HD will restock.
Anyway, I think yours has particular value , having been made in a leather that is no longer manufactured since the tanner retired.

dannyk

One Too Many
I saw this jacket on the HD museum site years ago and laughed it off. But looking at your fit pic compared to the site pics...I’m not laughing anymore, in fact...I’m crying.
The HD site had way better pictures and a fantastic write up the last like two years. Now that it’s not a thing they transferred it to a different page and these atrocious photos.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Eh, I’d pass on this one. Twin patch pocket definitely for the ladies. Just look for a vintage cycle champ if you want that style. Plenty around and even in reg / long lengths.

Someone repros the Sportclad and I will be all over it. Literally throwing money at the maker.

Vanson can still make a Cycle Champ if you call them and ask. Or am I missing something?

dannyk

One Too Many
Someone repros the Sportclad and I will be all over it. Literally throwing money at the maker.

Vanson can still make a Cycle Champ if you call them and ask. Or am I missing something?
They can but the guy who made the leather they used on it, has retired. That leather is no more. So yeah they will make it, but it won’t be the same.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

When i called to order mine they told me to call the HD museum and deal with them. Vanson only dealt with me after i received the first jacket damaged, they dealt with the exchange as it was easier for them to ship the replacement straight to me.
It's a similar deal to the Left Field situation, the jacket is an exclusive pattern and Vanson will not sell it straight to a customer.
If HD has decided to stop selling the cycle king that's it i think.

As Danny says, that X150 is gone and never coming back.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Wow - that HD is a Harley jacket I could sport for sure! Really like it there and glad you got one Carlos...

View attachment 332558

Ths asking price of $829 is exceptional as well...
the aero version even when symmetrical but looks blousy and proven to be female, this version have 2 square pockets nearly identical but not exactly the same size, and not exactly the same position one slightly bigger slightly lower than the other but otherwise look alike... I envy eyes that can see pass all that and see the beauty of it, all I see is optical illusion that overwhelming my senses, in this situation I rather just have one patch pocket :D

dannyk

One Too Many
The one thing I was told by Constantine when I spoke to him about a year ago about this jacket....was that Vanson would make it for me exactly as they do for HD, but for a small fee. I told him how I thought the small HD carried still wasn’t small enough and that I would probably need an XS which they didn’t carry so in other words a custom size. He said order the small as a test jacket, if it fits it fits then perfect. If not use it as a test and take measurements, return it and then contact vanson with the measurements I would need. Never told me what a small fee meant, but did indicate the actual making of the jacket should not be an issue; but even if you could get them to make it now; which leather would you choose? I would wait a year for things to settle down there and see what choices they actually settle on and offer.

@dannyk This is what I knew to be true. It was a really small fee. I don’t remember the amount but it was small, especially when compared to other makers. Like their custom fees.

@Carlos840 Do you know if the jacket was kept in stock by HD? That may be why they sent you there. If they changed their policy that would suck. Or it was simply the kick-ass Constantine at work. Was he around when you ordered the Champ?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui