Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero DARK BROWN FQHH CXL?

pawineguy

One Too Many
I don't believe I've seen this before, a dark brown version of CXL HH? I would call this dark seal. It's from Aero's IG.

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 3.39.31 PM.png

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It does, although dark brown is tricky to photograph. That first batch of dark seal Vincenza always looked black to me, I think you need direct sunlight to tell the difference.

My sample of seal (dark brown) Vicenza appears black until placed next to a black Vicenza sample.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Appears to be, the only thing I don't love are the snaps on the handwarmers, but that's up to one's personal taste.
Thanks @ pawineguy....I realised I ought to look on the Aero Instagram page and it is confirmed as a custom Aeromarine in a very dark brown Chromexcel Horsehide.I agree though,nicer without the snaps

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Just to clarify this dark brown Chromexcel is not new addition to our line up, it is our regular Brown Chromexcel but from a particularly dark batch. We never know from one delivery to another quite how dark the skins are going to be, this also varies within each batch. Horween hand applies the colour pigments which accounts for the variables. Our cutters have to skillfully select matching skins to cut a jacket. A customer can request that we select the darkest possible skins and we will do our best to meet these requests.

Edward

Bartender
I think I'd prefer itg aesthtically without snaps, but it wouldn't put me off buying a stock jacket like that necessarily. I can see them being a bonus if you wanted to keep gloves in there, for example.

My sample of seal (dark brown) Vicenza appears black until placed next to a black Vicenza sample.

It certainly looks very dark. That's the one odwnside of samples, of course: fully made up in a jacke,t itg can look different. I originally considered getting my Bootlegger made in cherry way back, but Aero advised that cordovan would be much closer the burgundy colour I described wanting rather than the cherry, hich when made up into a jacket is more of a brighter red.

I could see getting a jacket in this, though. I think it would be particularly good for a motorcycle style.

Edward

Bartender
Just to clarify this dark brown Chromexcel is not new addition to our line up, it is our regular Brown Chromexcel but from a particularly dark batch. We never know from one delivery to another quite how dark the skins are going to be, this also varies within each batch. Horween hand applies the colour pigments which accounts for the variables. Our cutters have to skillfully select matching skins to cut a jacket. A customer can request that we select the darkest possible skins and we will do our best to meet these requests.

Interesting - have you ever had one as dark as this before?

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
I think I'd prefer itg aesthtically without snaps, but it wouldn't put me off buying a stock jacket like that necessarily. I can see them being a bonus if you wanted to keep gloves in there, for example.

It certainly looks very dark. That's the one odwnside of samples, of course: fully made up in a jacke,t itg can look different. I originally considered getting my Bootlegger made in cherry way back, but Aero advised that cordovan would be much closer the burgundy colour I described wanting rather than the cherry, hich when made up into a jacket is more of a brighter red.

I could see getting a jacket in this, though. I think it would be particularly good for a motorcycle style.

The snaps were fitted at the customers request as he needed a secure pocket for use on a motorcycle. It was a compromise on our behalf as we had to reject his original request for zipped pockets as we feel that a button front jacket should not have any zips. The studs are hidden inside the pocket welt using a low profile stud to keep their visablility to a minimum. We would not fit these as standard.

It perhaps appears slightly darker in the photo than in the flesh, brown Chromexcel can be a bugger to photograph properly, and this photo was grabbed in a hurry on my phone before the jacket was dispatched.

Edward

Bartender
Cool - I wasn't aware the CXL brown could vary that much (though itg makes sense, given anything with an organic component will always have a level of variation).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko