Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Half Belt - Dry Leather or not??

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
You do realize that a 50s half belt has a totally different pattern from a 30s half belt, do you? ;)

majormajor

One Too Many
You do realize that a 50s half belt has a totally different pattern from a 30s half belt, do you? ;)

No, I just thought I'd send you some dumb replies without EVER looking at the jackets:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

SwimCap, your jacket looks like it's going through the normal patination. But for a 2-3 week old jacket, it would look like the process is going quickly. Just how hard do you wear the jacket?

This looks like a lot of wear for such a short time period. All depends how rough you are with it, I guess. For the look I like, I would be rougher with it, tbh.:D

rightsleevedrycopy.jpg

aball

New in Town
I suppose petroleum distillates once every 5 or 10 years would be acceptable. I was mainly thinking of people who want to condition their jackets constantly out of fear of a few wear marks. I obsessed over what conditioners to use for a long time, reading everything I could on the subject. I can see how wives tales would develop with so much conflicting information on the subject, especially on the internet.

Sloan - That 1920s model is interesting. I prefer jackets with fewer seams, but it does have a cool style. BTW, it sold yesterday.

Sierra - Those are magnificent pics of a magnificent jacket! Great camera and great exposure.

As soon as the rain and wind let up I will snap some pics of my latest Aero - a black Highwayman with a few changes - which I've worn for a total of about two weeks since I got it. It isn't a 'vintage' color so it's not an ideal comparison, but even so it has some marks like yours along the zipper already. I personally like it that way and feel it just makes it better. I'll eventually get a vintage brown partly for this 'fast-forwarded' look.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Was up at Gala yesterday. I saw a two-tone 20s version where the russet back vents split to reveal black leather underneath it. Looked quite special.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, this is my Aero 30's, vintage FQH brown, now. You can judge if it's that you hope, after almost two years of use. You can believe, there's not a jacket so beautiful.

Chupa1.jpg

chupa2.jpg

chupa3.jpg

Chupa4.jpg

chupa5.jpg

chupa6.jpg

chupa7.jpg
AND THERE IS NO MAN SO HANDSOME IN HIS CORDOVAN JACKET. Sierra, your photo on Aero website inspired me to look into Aero jackets 5 years ago, and that was 10 or more Aero jackets ago!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael