Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero has a new leather called Pinnacle

mvilla

A-List Customer
Absolutely. I was talking to a friend who had tons of CXL boots and a good amount of workwear/leather goods, and he was surprised to find out that CXL wasn't exclusively cowhide.

I know. A fraction of CXL is horse. And a fraction of CXL is a garment leather. Point being, there's no risk of CXL capacity going down because of jacket preferences.
I've had a Wesco boot made of horse CXL for a short amount of time. Still prefer cow, though

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yes sourcing raw Horse hides is hard and the last 2 years Horween have struggled with finding skins of a high enough quality. Only the very best skins from their initial grading make the grade for Chromexcel, skins that don't make the grade are turned into other articles such as lux and Milan etc...

This supply issue has made us look at other options but we will never find an alternative to Chromexcel.

Horween do however have a new supplier of raw hides since Jan this year and the issues seem to be resolved, we are fully stocked again and Horween have a whole bunch of hides in production as we speak.

I may want to contact you about this in the weeks to come ;).

I spotted a 2017 Board Racer with some extra twist in the Classifieds the other day. Some may say CXL Horse is not for a pattern like this, but I never got over selling my BR years ago.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My speculation is that the Pinnacle has the "Dearborn" base tannage, then veg shrunken and aniline finished the same way the CXL are, maybe with a bit less wax in the mixture to get that drape.

But what I think of this leather doesn't matter now. All that matters is how do I keep my promise to myself not to buy another jacket (until the summer is over...). If I sell another jacket then it's not really buying a new jacket right. My addict mentality...

Al 916

One Too Many
I may want to contact you about this in the weeks to come ;).

I spotted a 2017 Board Racer with some extra twist in the Classifieds the other day. Some may say CXL Horse is not for a pattern like this, but I never got over selling my BR years ago.

CR works in this light weight FQHH

20230409_105355.jpg
20221112_174812.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm really surprised it took that long.

I strongly considered it. If it had been a half belt rather than a cossack, I'd have grabbed it. Likewise, if the cross-zip in the new calf leather had had a belt/epaulettes, I'd have grabbed that, but I like either an aviator without those or a motorcycle jacket with them.

geedee

Familiar Face
I strongly considered it. If it had been a half belt rather than a cossack, I'd have grabbed it. Likewise, if the cross-zip in the new calf leather had had a belt/epaulettes, I'd have grabbed that, but I like either an aviator without those or a motorcycle jacket with them.
Same here, I went for the Premier Half Belt (it's a good fit for my lanky shape! :))

BisonT4R

New in Town
@Hide'n'seek I’m placing my order for a Pinnacle cognac Seven with Carrie on Monday (once she gets the sample). I was going to go Unfinished but once I saw the Pinnacle I had to call the audible. Probably doing a cream colored contrast stitch. Really looking forward to this one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner