Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero has a new leather called Pinnacle

DamonCyclee

Familiar Face
That's what I figured.

Aero seems to like to order their Horween FQHH 3-3.5oz. But all the recent Horween FQHH I've see being pushed around on the retail market are thinner, 2.5oz ish. My Pinnacle jacket is in the thinner hide and I wish it was thicker. And I think that's where the delay is from.

What jacket design did you go with for the Pinnacle leather?
Primer highwayman make up with longer back is what Holly suggested, been waiting for like 3+ month, at this point i just hope it gets here so i can wear it before it gets too cold in February.

DamonCyclee

Familiar Face
Thought I share pics of the Pinnacle brown color from Aero!

Attachments

• Pinnaclebrown.jpg
    Pinnaclebrown.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 209
  • Pinnaclebrown2.jpg
    Pinnaclebrown2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 210

Commisar

New in Town
Thought I share pics of the Pinnacle brown color from Aero!
Hooo wee that looks great.

My jacket should hopefully arrive in November, in pinnacle brown.

Ohh, forgot to say, spoke to the product manager at Horween and he gave me lots of info about the leather.

From my notes it's "Mill dyed, less waxy than cxl, 1-1.2mm thick, less overall tonality so a bit more uniform, and scratches won't expose a "nude" leather underneath like CXL.

Designed to have a softer hand and be a softer feeling horsehide"

Last edited:

Commisar

New in Town
That's what I figured.

Aero seems to like to order their Horween FQHH 3-3.5oz. But all the recent Horween FQHH I've see being pushed around on the retail market are thinner, 2.5oz ish. My Pinnacle jacket is in the thinner hide and I wish it was thicker. And I think that's where the delay is from.

What jacket design did you go with for the Pinnacle leather?
Interesting that they'll be seemingly trying to thicken up Pinnacle for batch #2 including Brown.

I'm not complaining at all even then, the first batch was said to be shooting for 1.1-1.3mm in thickness so ~1.2 overall.

Bender

One of the Regulars
Awesome, a new leather Aero can use to make jackets that look just okay on someone if they are A. Christian Bale in The Machinist or B. John Candy in any movie... and horrible on any body-type in between.

I'm excited. Can't wait for a marked 34 with a 26" ptp and 22" shoulders that is still somehow too small or a marked 42 with an 18" ptp and 14" shoulders that somehow wears like a circus tent.

Rant over. As always, YMMV :p

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Awesome, a new leather Aero can use to make jackets that look just okay on someone if they are A. Christian Bale in The Machinist or B. John Candy in any movie... and horrible on any body-type in between.

I'm excited. Can't wait for a marked 34 with a 26" ptp and 22" shoulders that is still somehow too small or a marked 42 with an 18" ptp and 14" shoulders that somehow wears like a circus tent.

Not this crap again.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm sorry to hear that you were obviously unlucky with your Aero jackets.
I ask before I order which of my typical sizes has which measurements and then modify one or two things. I haven't done too badly so far.

Commisar

New in Town
All, sorry for the late response, was busy enjoying my jacket.

Here we go, brown Pinnacle horsehide Deluxe Half Belt in a corporate bathroom under fluorescent light

I'm extremely happy with it. It's lighter and more flexible than FQHH or Vicenza while still having some weight. The brown color is lovely and the cutting was VERY good, almost no skin imperfections made.kt to the jacket barring some Bug bites and probable barb wire nicks.

PXL_20231212_163328900.MP~2.jpg

DamonCyclee

Familiar Face
All, sorry for the late response, was busy enjoying my jacket.

Here we go, brown Pinnacle horsehide Deluxe Half Belt in a corporate bathroom under fluorescent light

I'm extremely happy with it. It's lighter and more flexible than FQHH or Vicenza while still having some weight. The brown color is lovely and the cutting was VERY good, almost no skin imperfections made.kt to the jacket barring some Bug bites and probable barb wire nicks.

View attachment 569673
Oak Street for boots ?

Yevhen

New in Town
The closest of our current leathers to compare the tone and colour of the brown Pinnacle is actually our battered steerhide. This comparison however is from 3 pieces about 3" x 3" that I was given by Horween as a "sample" . We only recieved enough Pinnacle Cognac to make a single jacket but we really loved everything about it, the colour , feel, drape all feels great. From just that one jacket our first batch is already spoken for. We will need to place a second order but I'm holding of until we revieve our first delivery which is due to ship this week. This first delivery will be Cognac and Black. The brown is going to be in July as the person who developed the finish is on holiday.
As a brief back ground the Pinnacle was developed by a Ukranian couple who Horween took on last year, they had a tannery background back in Ukraine and Horween gave them the opportunity to work with some horse. They have done a great job.
Interesting about Ukrainians, you know the names?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner