Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Hercules in Black Vicenza

pauleway

Practically Family
[QUOTE=Fanch; BTW I completely agree with your assessment of the Vicenza HH being fantastic stuff

You guys are killing me with this Vincenza HH, I must restrain myself, I need another jacket like I need another ear or nose!!:eeek:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
More than one of us responsible for enabling the great Vicenza horsehide stampede. :grouphug:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I forgot to to thank the man responsible for making it! This one was made by Greg Field. It's my first jacket made by Greg and I have to say, the damn thing is stitch perfect, he has done an amazing job. Especially considering the pattern must be one of the more complex designs to sew with the piping and more elaborate pockets AND its all contrast stitched so any errors would stand out. I can't see a single fault.....honestly I don't know how he has done it.

Perfection, thanks Greg, its a work of art.

Benny Holiday

I've long admired the Hercules & yours is a killer PN. Betcha wear it like mad to get in as much use as you can before the warmer weather starts up . . . like today!

Fonzie

One Too Many
Epic jacket, one of the nicest ones I've seen here and the fit is perfect.
On another note PT, would you mind letting me know why do you go through Thurston Bros when ordering from Oz? (If I'm right you are in Sydney?) I''m about to order my first Aero and I'm curious (I'm in Adelaide).
Thanks in advance and congratulations on an excellent choice.

ProteinNerd

I go through Thurston for the peace of mind of their fit jacket service. They know how each of these different patterns fit and if I'm going to spend this much on a leather jacket, I want it to fit!

On the one occasion they recommended the wrong size, it was covered by their fit guarantee and I was given a remake no questions asked. That's worth the very small difference in price to ordering direct to me.

Fonzie

One Too Many
I go through Thurston for the peace of mind of their fit jacket service. They know how each of these different patterns fit and if I'm going to spend this much on a leather jacket, I want it to fit!

On the one occasion they recommended the wrong size, it was covered by their fit guarantee and I was given a remake no questions asked. That's worth the very small difference in price to ordering direct to me.

Thanks mate, appreciated. I'll have a look at their website again.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Beautiful jacket and the fit is spot on!

I think I have the same batch as yours, that Vicenza is something !

I just wore mine during a week before it became too hot for leather jackets but it began to mold right away to my body and the creasing in the sleeve is really nice.

Greg also done my Sheene, I have inspected the jacket and I have to say the stitching is perfect I was really impress. The only jacket that has this level of precision is my LW peacoat.

Congrats ProteinNerd you have a winner!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
A fair question, I'd have said. We've had a discussion about DD and Real McCoy, a similar comparison between Aero and DD helps to 'triangulate' in terms of stitching, cost etc. [huh]

The jacket and the fit is fantastic as others have pointed out but I'm thoroughly impressed with the precision the panels have been cut and the insanely good stitching - which due to the light coloured thread requires an extreme precision from the machinist as anything wonky would be instantly noticeable. Only jacket I've seen that was this well made was from RSM. Don't know who that is, but their work was outstanding.

pawineguy

One Too Many
The jacket and the fit is fantastic as others have pointed out but I'm thoroughly impressed with the precision the panels have been cut and the insanely good stitching - which due to the light coloured thread requires an extreme precision from the machinist as anything wonky would be instantly noticeable. Only jacket I've seen that was this well made was from RSM. Don't know who that is, but their work was outstanding.

This is a good point. I always wondered how they assigned jackets at Aero. Does someone look at an order and say "uh-oh, dark seal with ivory stitching... better assign Julie." (or Greg, etc...)

My Aero MC jacket was made by JL, and I've always seen more conventional styles assigned to her here, on TFL.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
My LHB was made by Paula, Board Racer by Julie, A-2 by Christina, Irvin by Bertie, Dust Bowl by Ken. No idea who made my russet A-2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana