1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Aero Hercules in Black Vicenza

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ProteinNerd, Sep 6, 2015.

1. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

This is my latest. An Aero long Hercules in Black Vicenza with Alpaca Wool lining. This will be my new winter jacket to replace my teamster, that as much as I liked the style was simply too big for me, even with a thick layer underneath.

I purchased this again through Thurston Bros. Carrie and Wade nailed the fit without the need for a fit jacket. I think thats the sign that I've bought too may jackets off them lol.

They made some great suggestions which I'm really glad I listened too. Carrie recommended the OD contrast stitching. I was a little concerned it might make the jacket a bit too "flashy" for me but I really don't think it does at all. I'm really happy I agreed as it helps bring just a little bit of attention to the great details on this jacket like the pockets and the piping but doesn't make it look over the top.

Wade suggested, based off my previous alterations, to remove 1 inch from each side panel to taper it a bit....again, perfect recommendation as I'm really happy with the fit through the body. Its synched about half way on each side so definite room for a little expansion later on if that happens..

This Vicenza really feels different to my premier half belt from a different batch of Vicenza, Carrie said its just due to slight batch differences. I have to say this batch is gorgeous and if you can get in and have a jacket made with this stuff, you won't regret it. Its much softer and smoother to the touch, honestly, to me, it feels like a completely different leather. Its also much more comfortable to wear out of the box although this might have something to do with the alpaca lining? Either way, this is by far the most comfortable of my Leather Jackets hands down.

I decided to go for a size 38 in this one, regular fit, room to layer. I kept the storm cuffs and have moleskin in the hand warmer pockets.

I also wanted to thank Simonc for posting his shearling lined hercules a while back.....that was definitely the inspiration for this one.

Enough rambling, here are the pics.

IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1145.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Wallman and mygar like this.
  2. wdw

wdw One Too Many

Looks great, fits perfect, and the stitching is a nice subtle contrast.

3. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

Sensational! Mine will be here in a week or so. Looking forward to it.

4. wanz

wanz One of the Regulars

Agree that it looks fantastic! I really like seeing the effect that the OD stitching had with different leather.

5. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Wow, wow, wow!!

You've nailed the fit with that one PN!
    Yet another stellar jacket on the forum.

6. technovox

technovox Practically Family

Very striking jacket! Really nailed the fit.
    And, based on the pics, that is some of the smoothest grain Vicenza I've seen here. Perhaps, in the long run, that may be advantageous over the more grainier versions of Vicenza like mine... I suspect it will break in much differently, and with more personal character, mold to your individual style of wear and stress points like a vintage jacket would. Just a theory. I'd love to see how it looks after six months of continuous use.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  7. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

That jacket suits you perfectly. What a great design, especially those pocket flaps, and it really looks fantastic in black. I wonder if Aero would do one with a bi-swing back like the LHB, which I've always thought of as a similar design.

8. navetsea

navetsea One Too Many

cool jacket PN, great tapered fit too

9. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Gorgeous

10. Cooperson

Cooperson One Too Many

Always liked the Herc, not seen the Vicenza hide in person yet but it looks nice stuff.

11. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

That's really nice! Great fit...

12. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

That looks like a fantastic winter jacket. Congratulations. BTW I completely agree with your assessment of the Vicenza HH being fantastic stuff and IMO well worth the upcharge.

13. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

The Vicenza's giving a whole new lease of life to the original range of jackets - that Herc looks good to go with minimum of break-in!

14. jack miranda

jack miranda A-List Customer

That is a gorgeous jacket! The Vicenza looks amazing. Thanks for the pics.

15. Otter

Otter One Too Many

Nice looking jacket, you don't see enough Hercs !

16. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

Really nice PN, same experience that I had with my newest Vincenza, but I think they will develop plenty of character down the road. Even easier to wear right out of the box. The OD stitching is just the right shade for contrast, and it's interesting that it goes equally well with black and brown shades.

17. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

That looks great!

18. bbq

bbq Familiar Face

Beautiful jacket and great fit. I have a Hercules and use it in the winter (heavy strome tartan). I think you'll be happy it's around when the cold weather comes.

19. bbq

bbq Familiar Face

tropicalbob, I have a Herc with a LHB bi-swing back. It's worked out great for me; very comfortable and easy to layer. Here's a link to my original post.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?81084-New-Aero-Hercules-w-LHB-bi-swing-back

20. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Very nice jacket. I've one in Black as well. Can't wait till it's cool enough to wear it outside. Your pics are great! Smilin', stylin' and profilin'.... well done!

Worf