Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Hercules in Black Vicenza

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is my latest. An Aero long Hercules in Black Vicenza with Alpaca Wool lining. This will be my new winter jacket to replace my teamster, that as much as I liked the style was simply too big for me, even with a thick layer underneath.

I purchased this again through Thurston Bros. Carrie and Wade nailed the fit without the need for a fit jacket. I think thats the sign that I've bought too may jackets off them lol.

They made some great suggestions which I'm really glad I listened too. Carrie recommended the OD contrast stitching. I was a little concerned it might make the jacket a bit too "flashy" for me but I really don't think it does at all. I'm really happy I agreed as it helps bring just a little bit of attention to the great details on this jacket like the pockets and the piping but doesn't make it look over the top.

Wade suggested, based off my previous alterations, to remove 1 inch from each side panel to taper it a bit....again, perfect recommendation as I'm really happy with the fit through the body. Its synched about half way on each side so definite room for a little expansion later on if that happens..

This Vicenza really feels different to my premier half belt from a different batch of Vicenza, Carrie said its just due to slight batch differences. I have to say this batch is gorgeous and if you can get in and have a jacket made with this stuff, you won't regret it. Its much softer and smoother to the touch, honestly, to me, it feels like a completely different leather. Its also much more comfortable to wear out of the box although this might have something to do with the alpaca lining? Either way, this is by far the most comfortable of my Leather Jackets hands down.

I decided to go for a size 38 in this one, regular fit, room to layer. I kept the storm cuffs and have moleskin in the hand warmer pockets.

I also wanted to thank Simonc for posting his shearling lined hercules a while back.....that was definitely the inspiration for this one.

Enough rambling, here are the pics.

IMG_1126.jpg
IMG_1127.jpg
IMG_1142.jpg
IMG_1143.jpg
IMG_1124.jpg
IMG_1115.jpg
IMG_1145.jpg
IMG_1146.jpg
IMG_1147.jpg
IMG_1148.jpg
IMG_1149.jpg

Last edited:

wanz

One of the Regulars
Agree that it looks fantastic! I really like seeing the effect that the OD stitching had with different leather.

technovox

One Too Many
Very striking jacket! Really nailed the fit.
And, based on the pics, that is some of the smoothest grain Vicenza I've seen here. Perhaps, in the long run, that may be advantageous over the more grainier versions of Vicenza like mine... I suspect it will break in much differently, and with more personal character, mold to your individual style of wear and stress points like a vintage jacket would. Just a theory. I'd love to see how it looks after six months of continuous use.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That jacket suits you perfectly. What a great design, especially those pocket flaps, and it really looks fantastic in black. I wonder if Aero would do one with a bi-swing back like the LHB, which I've always thought of as a similar design.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
That looks like a fantastic winter jacket. Congratulations. BTW I completely agree with your assessment of the Vicenza HH being fantastic stuff and IMO well worth the upcharge.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The Vicenza's giving a whole new lease of life to the original range of jackets - that Herc looks good to go with minimum of break-in!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Really nice PN, same experience that I had with my newest Vincenza, but I think they will develop plenty of character down the road. Even easier to wear right out of the box. The OD stitching is just the right shade for contrast, and it's interesting that it goes equally well with black and brown shades.

bbq

Familiar Face
Beautiful jacket and great fit. I have a Hercules and use it in the winter (heavy strome tartan). I think you'll be happy it's around when the cold weather comes.

bbq

Familiar Face
That jacket suits you perfectly. What a great design, especially those pocket flaps, and it really looks fantastic in black. I wonder if Aero would do one with a bi-swing back like the LHB, which I've always thought of as a similar design.

tropicalbob, I have a Herc with a LHB bi-swing back. It's worked out great for me; very comfortable and easy to layer. Here's a link to my original post.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?81084-New-Aero-Hercules-w-LHB-bi-swing-back

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Very nice jacket. I've one in Black as well. Can't wait till it's cool enough to wear it outside. Your pics are great! Smilin', stylin' and profilin'.... well done!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider