Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero HG-5

tudo

New in Town
I was wondering if anybody here owns an Aero HG-5 jacket,and if so, what do they think of it and do they have any photos of them wearing it.I like the simple look of the jacket and think perhaps it might make a good general outdoor type jacket.Any comments would be gratefully recieved.:)
tudo.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
HG5...surprise lufTwaffe jacket?

interesting you should mention this jacket...it is basically an aero highwayman minus the hem (for want of a better word) on the bottom of the jacket...

i am in the process of ordering the highwayman from aero, but with a 1-piece back like the HG5, plus an extra top zip pocket, all of which delivers a very close replica of the ww2 classic luftwaffe jacket...

not that such is what you'd asked about, but the HG5 and highwayman stock jackets were such clean and beautiful pieces (and i consider them just variations of the same jacket) that it had become my option in achieving a truly great ww2 luftwaffe jacket...it was either eastman, or www.original-fliegerjacken.de and their eastman-esque superb replica (including a replica high price)...or go with a modern motorcycle jacket that replicates very closely the ww2 luftwaffe classic jacket...

the HG5/highwayman from aero were so exceptional that i decided to go in that direction, incidentally saving about $200 in the process with the lower price for the aero's...

while i'm sure many actual luftwaffe ww2 jackets were perhaps the same as the hg5/highwayman pieces, the so-called classic version iconized by replicators is only differing from these aero's by missing the buckles top and bottom on the front zipper...

while i will not have pictures of me in my aero 'luftwaffe' HG5 for another two months, i, like you, was so moved by the classic beauty of these designs, and the similarity to the ww2 luftwaffe jacket, i chose to go with them (with slight custom choices, such as 1-piece back, two top zip pockets instead of one) rather than a replication...

one thing i was blown away by when contacting aero was the amazing customer service...the u.s. rep, mark, happily spent an hour or so on the phone with me getting all the specifics of what i was looking for, and the measurements i'd need...additionally, with aero's reputation for great a-2 replications, it's a fascinating concept to nudge the HG5/highwayman style slightly into a rather remarkable simulation of a ww2 luftwaffe piece

as a note, from another thread, i did receive my noble house (on ebay, xe-jeans.de on the net) version of this classic ww2 luftwaffe jacket...i sadly must say the piece was in heavy cow leather, put together with what struck me as middling style and detail quality at very best, something you might get on the wilson's clearance rack for $100...i am returning it...

while i've only seen the pix of the HG5/highwayman jacket (aero has a lot of minor variations such as 2-piece backs, different leathers, etc), i, like you, think it is amazing, and may be the ultimate classic motorcycle (and flieger) jacket, both in aero's clean styling of it, and the clear quality that comes across in the photos

johnnyjohnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot