Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman Length Check Help Needed

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Agreed. I've seen one too many really nice, classic leather designs absolutely ruined when someone thought it was a good idea to lengthen them to work with the cut of modern trousers on which the "waistband" is four to six inches below the natural waist. Throws the proportions all off. My view, if you want a jacket that hits that length, buy a different design that was created to be that length from the off.
I have a slightly different view. I agree that when the length approaches a car coat, as happens with some model labels, I don't like it.
My PHWM and custom J-100 are all longer including the front drop and at least I don't find it inappropriate.

Edward

Bartender
I have a slightly different view. I agree that when the length approaches a car coat, as happens with some model labels, I don't like it.
My PHWM and custom J-100 are all longer including the front drop and at least I don't find it inappropriate.

Certainly the J100 can be a little longer in keeping with the general trend in cafe racer styles. The PHWM is a model I'm less familiar with, though again it has a little leeway imo, given the differences between halfbelts in the 30s and 40s (I know it's not a HB, but it's patterened after what a HWM would have looked like had it been made in that period). 2" on a halfbelt doesn't seem to be as drastic as how it can totally throw off a cross zip design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner