Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman / Sizing

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hello!

Anyone wearing a HWM in regular size 36?

Could you please provide me the measure of the shoulder (straight across the back from seam to seam).

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Johannes

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Really no one wearing a HWM in regular size 36 ?

Can't believe it ..

Regards,

Johannes

Hello!

Anyone wearing a HWM in regular size 36?

Could you please provide me the measure of the shoulder (straight across the back from seam to seam).

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Johannes

wdw

One Too Many
Why don't you just ask Aero? It's probably 18", as the 40 is 19 and I think the 38 is 18.5.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Why don't you just ask Aero? It's probably 18", as the 40 is 19 and I think the 38 is 18.5.

I did ...!

They might be too buzy to answer an impatient customer within a couple of days ...!

Thanks and kind regards,

Johannes

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
I did ...!

They might be too buzy to answer an impatient customer within a couple of days ...!

Thanks and kind regards,

Johannes

Chill down, I need to go home and measure my jacket, which is a custom 36", but anyway it may give you an ideas of the measurements.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
I can't speak for the Highwayman, but the 50's halfbelt size 38 is 19" shoulder to shoulder, and the size 40 Barnstormer is 19.75"

jacketquest

Familiar Face
When I ordered my HWM size 40, I needed a bit more shoulder room (closer to a 42) and Ken advised that he could instruct the seamstress to make smaller shoulder seams to give more room. It worked and the shoulders fit well.

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Oh that would be fine! Thanks!

Johannes

Shoulders:47 cm
Pit to Pit: 49
Length: 61
Arm: 64

Mine is a heavily customized jacket however.

When I ordered my HWM size 40, I needed a bit more shoulder room (closer to a 42) and Ken advised that he could instruct the seamstress to make smaller shoulder seams to give more room. It worked and the shoulders fit well.

They did the same thing for me: it's basically a 36 that flares to 37.

Last edited:

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Well this jacket must be customized heavily, because the pit2pit measure seams really small. My HWM size 38 has got a pit2pit of about 58 cm which is regularly sized. So I assume a regular size 36 would have a pit2pit of about 55 to 56 cm (about 22") maybe. How could they do such a small pit2pit leaving the shoulders to the regular size???

Can you show a picture of you wearing this jacket?

Thanks and kind regards,

Johannes

Shoulders:47 cm
Pit to Pit: 49
Length: 61
Arm: 64

Mine is a heavily customized jacket however.

(...)

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
My tagged 36 measures:
Shoulders: 17.5"
Pit to pit: 22.5"
Arms: 26"
Front length: 20.5"

I'm 5'10" 145lbs

image-4.jpg

Cole

One of the Regulars
Interesting Crow - that pit to pit measurement is for a 42 or large jacket.

You have to consider how bagy the Highwayman is cut. This is anything but a slim fiting jacket.

I had one in size 44 once and it fit like a bag. I'm 6'2" and had about 92 Kg weight back then with a 44" chest and I allmost drowned in it.

highwayman1.jpg
highwayman2.jpg

To get a slimer fit I would have to size down to 38 or 40 with costumized sleeve and body length in a highwayman (should have donw that with my A2 as well).

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
The Highwayman is a boxy fit jacket, completely correct to the 1950s British jackets on which the design was based. You could downsize for a neater fit, though I'm not convinced that would look right, given the nature of the design. Better to go for a different, neater cut alternative design instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters