Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
@wdw 9.30am. Off the top of my head, there's not a massive amount to add beyond the narrative, though there will be the sheriff's comments

@tony: I would be delighted to speak to Sandy or Steve. I'd certainly have lots of questions to ask, that's for sure! I'm just waiting for their call.

Last edited:

tonypaj

Practically Family
@wdw 9.30am. Off the top of my head, there's not a massive amount to add beyond the narrative, though there will be the sheriff's comments

@tony: I would be delighted to speak to Sandy or Steve. I'd certainly have lots of questions to ask, that's for sure! I'm just waiting for their call.

Have you contacted them? Again, a refusal for an interview would be an interesting thing to mention when reporting about the sentencing.

wdw

One Too Many
Will you be asking IH for an interview, seeing as they're inextricably linked (whether they like it or not)?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
The man himself, from an old catalogue.

2ffd3e8f-253d-4d98-9e48-7f69e892148d_zpsvsrgif0g.jpg

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I've been brushing up on this Rumpole of the Bailey, so...

When this 'villain' goes up before 'the beak' tomorrow, will you be allowed to take photos?
If he doesn't show, can they pass sentence without him?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As a journalist that covered the court case, would you think that an interview with AL and a story, whatever the outcome is, might make sense? To me, it seems the next logical step. Even if they refuse a meeting, that is a story by itself. If not, just report what they say.

Have you contacted them? Again, a refusal for an interview would be an interesting thing to mention when reporting about the sentencing.

Will you be asking IH for an interview, seeing as they're inextricably linked (whether they like it or not)?

I strongly suspect the response will be: "No comment" (perhaps followed by an attempt to erase or remove any record of the "no comment" response).

Girl on a Motorcycle

New in Town
How would "no comment" be helpful?
In any case, Alexander Leather have already put out that statement where they say that they want their jackets to speak for them (ie thick-skinned - and nowadays - a hard sell)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Would you buy a used jacket from this man?

I think the pinata has been well beaten. I'm kind of cringing at how far this is going. I made a remark earlier about the AL designs so I'm guilty there, but at this point, let the sentencing speak for itself. The mug shot thing is just stooping pretty low IMO. You guys are better than this.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm with Nick on this one. Also, I can't imagine AL would even consider an interview, as their whole approach has been to cover up and pretend that none of this ever happened.

tonypaj

Practically Family
How would "no comment" be helpful?
In any case, Alexander Leather have already put out that statement where they say that they want their jackets to speak for them (ie thick-skinned - and nowadays - a hard sell)

No comment would be just normal journalism, a carry on question, not answered. It would help (me at least) to clarify the positions. Again, I have no affiliation with any of the parties. I have dealt with all of them. My interest is impartial reporting, which only Sloan seems to able to provide. No comment part is just that, one party does not wish to comment upon request. Then I would know a bit more.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Really, if AL want to make a comment it's their look out - that's what they've used their website for so far. The trial narrative thread is exactly that: an account of what happened in the courtroom, that's all. Everything else is comment and has been kept quite separate and is not my responsibility.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Really, if AL want to make a comment it's their look out - that's what they've used their website for so far. The trial narrative thread is exactly that: an account of what happened in the courtroom, that's all. Everything else is comment and has been kept quite separate and is not my responsibility.

I see your responsibility as impartial journalism. Which always includes carry on questions and reporting regarding those. The trial narrative thread is not journalism to me. It's narrative, which in itself implies one person's take on what went on. Again, to me a "no comment" answer would help. As would a comment.

I think the pinata has been well beaten. I'm kind of cringing at how far this is going. I made a remark earlier about the AL designs so I'm guilty there, but at this point, let the sentencing speak for itself. The mug shot thing is just stooping pretty low IMO. You guys are better than this.

Seconded a thousand times.

Come on, people, the man stole leather jackets and made some very dodgy business moves but the mug shot is really uncalled for! He's not a child molester for crying out loud!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I removed my comment.

Not calling you or anyone out really, although it sure sounded like it. I suppose it's a weird place for the audience to be in. I certainly want to defend Aero, as they have been wronged, but anything more, I fear, amounts to an onlooker who has no direct involvement with the affair doing direct damage to another business or possibly further alienating the perpetrator of the crime from these comments, which although isn't exactly an out of place thing to do, but I don't see it being an appropriate way, maybe for myself, not everyone, to react to all of this. Again, a hard place to be in, because I think we all want to see them receive their due justice, but I'm not sure if tearing AL down is the most morally sound or smart thing to do, when most of us are just onlookers. I'd let time run its course, and only hope that everyone can move forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21