Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

There ya go. It started as soon as the reigns of the Aero business was handed to him, which for a few still seems hard to believe..but actually proven true. Of course what is missing in this article is the rest of the story. A tale of further planned deceit that actually make it much worse, although those actions may never be revealed or viewed by the general public.
HD

Well, that zipper goes awfully low there, doesn't it. lol

So that's that, huh. Not a happy ending any way you look at it... But this wasn't a particularly happy story so what else was to be expected.

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Was it ever stated to whom the Stephen Toohey 4am jackets were for?
I'd assume it was Iron Heart, since I remember when they first started selling Aero jackets - their turnaround time for delivery was a matter of days, not weeks.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Was it ever stated to whom the Stephen Toohey 4am jackets were for?
I'd assume it was Iron Heart, since I remember when they first started selling Aero jackets - their turnaround time for delivery was a matter of days, not weeks.

No, those jackets were sold under Aero's label without the Calders say so.

Stand By

One Too Many
Great article, but why Suzi Quatro of all the celebs. lol

Because everyone in the UK remembers that catsuit! Hell, even I remember seeing her on Top Of The Pops doing "Can The Can" - and I was 6! And I thought she looked cool - and like a star. Which she was.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Sloan, thanks for sending us the URL for the article in the Daily Mail. I had felt for some time that Lydia Calder was perhaps the greatest victim of all of the underhanded acts done by Mr. Lauder. After reading your article in the Daily Mail, your carefully prepared objective Trial Narrative, posts on this thread giving various responses, and statements by people on other websites, I think that I have a pretty good feel for who did what and to whom. When I was young, my father told me “when you do a bad thing, admit it and accept your punishment; for what we do will result in consequences, but what we attempt to cover up will result in dire consequences.” Think Richard Nixon and Martha Stewart. Think original sin: The man who blamed the woman, the woman who blamed the snake, and the snake who didn’t have a leg to stand on. (I have to inject a bit of levity in all of this misery)

When faced with adversity, one can either act, as Ken Calder did, or react in a defensive mode. I think most of us are aware of which people reacted defensively and who they are. I think most of us are also aware of who the snake is here.

IMO as Mr. Lauder committed one egregious act after another (Mark Moye, Storse, “copied” patterns, eBay sales, missing jackets, Steven Tooey’s late evenings at the Aero factory), it appears that one employee after another inserted their collective heads in the sand and selectively looked the other way as they followed the Pied Piper down the long winding road. Mr. Lauder's actions affected many people in an extremely adverse way.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing, Sloan. Enjoyed reading it.

Had no idea the man was a street sweeper. Talk about a lucky break when Ken gave him the job. Happens to a very few people. Heck, I wish I could catch a break like that... I still don't understand how did he manage to get so many people to betray Ken, especially if they were aware of Will's plans and actions. Were they all this rotten?

Last edited:

eggleman

One of the Regulars

Had no idea the man was a street sweeper. Talk about a lucky break when Ken gave him the job. Happens to a very few people. Heck, I wish I could catch a break like that... I still don't understand how did he manage to get so many people to betray Ken, especially if they were aware of Will's plans and actions. Were they all this rotten?

The more you find out , the harder it is to comprehend why this criminal threw his career away like this.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, Ken was only turning up once or twice a year, so the rest of the time Will and Amanda and those who seemed to benefit from the regime most were pouring poison in the ears of the machinists, portraying the Calders as a threat to the company and claiming that it was Lauder who was the saviour of the firm - as Johnny Minto said in trial[huh]. So by the time Will went out the door, I can imagine there were those who actually feared for their livelihoods. Perhaps they knew that the company was in trouble, even if they weren't sure why or did but couldn't see how Aero could recover, and decided that they had to jump ship no matter what.

Last edited:

Perhaps some Aero workers under WL's supervision were afraid that the company had already been compromised beyond repair by WL and that it would surly fail after everything was found out by KC. Maybe they had been persuaded that their only salvation was to follow WL to AL. Better job security and, who knows, maybe promise of a better pay & benefit package to boot.
HD

AdeeC

Practically Family
I recall past threads where AL apologists were painting KC as some sort of obsessed control freak ogre who ran a sweatshop like business and that he drove the staff away. Have said this before but the opposite appears to be true. He had an almost complete hands off approach after he retired and had total trust in WL.

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I recall past threads where AL apologists were paining KC as some sort of obsessed control freak ogre who ran a sweatshop like business and that he drove the staff away. Have said this before but the opposite appears to be true. He had a almost complete hands off approach after he retired and had total trust in WL.

+1

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Well, Ken was only turning up once or twice a year, so the rest of the time Will and Amanda and those who seemed to benefit from the regime most were pouring poison in the ears of the machinists, portraying the Calders as a threat to the company and claiming that it was Lauder who was the saviour of the firm - as Johnny Minto said in trial[huh]. So by the time Will went out the door, I can imagine there were those who actually feared for their livelihoods. Perhaps they knew that the company was in trouble, even if they weren't sure why or did but couldn't see how Aero could recover, and decided that they had to jump ship no matter what.

The employees who stayed cannot be commended highly enough for their loyalty to Aero.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
So where is Johnny Minto now?
As far as I can tell, he was fired by WL after WL framed him at work to cover his own crimes.
And this is why I keep asking why anyone would marry WL after he fired them. Was she knowingly set up as a fall guy to take eyes away from WL's crimes?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21