Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If I ever thought that things were going to end up the way the did, I would have but hindsight is a wonderful thing. [huh]

Edward

Bartender
It's shame that they didn't post the original rant from Will that lasted barely a day on the page. I'd love to read that again.

I'm sure they all hope that one's good and buried. Funnily enough, I remember reading it at the time and it reminding me of Jeffrey Archer's outburst when he was first confronted with the allegations of perjury - "Just you wait, you'll see when I'm Mayor! You'll see!" That goes even moreso now, of course.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
'A chance meeting between Sandy Alexander and convicted criminal Will Lauder'. There, I've fixed that for them.

Interesting that the 'About Us' page no longer features Steve Toohey's name.

I hope they're reading this so they can see what value your skills can bring to their promotional material, Big J. :D You could be known as Big J, the man who took the BS out of SB's webpage spiel!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
No, this was one that was posted circa 2012. It only lasted a day, if that, but it was written by Will himself, but it was an almighty own-goal of a statement - basically accusing all and anyone of falsely maligning him, he done nuthin' it's all lies, etc etc - which was whipped off the moment somebody in AL with an iota of legal sense saw it.

Edward

Bartender
No, this was one that was posted circa 2012. It only lasted a day, if that, but it was written by Will himself, but it was an almighty own-goal of a statement - basically accusing all and anyone of falsely maligning him, he done nuthin' it's all lies, etc etc - which was whipped off the moment somebody in AL with an iota of legal sense saw it.

As I recall, the tone was very similar to the more recent one AL posted, making wild claims about Aero emailing people and maligning them, threatening not to sue and such. Clearly nobody learned anything from that episode.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I hope they're reading this so they can see what value your skills can bring to their promotional material, Big J. :D You could be known as Big J, the man who took the BS out of SB's webpage spiel!

They wouldn't have much content left by the time I finish!

wanz

One of the Regulars
As I recall, the tone was very similar to the more recent one AL posted, making wild claims about Aero emailing people and maligning them, threatening not to sue and such. Clearly nobody learned anything from that episode.

It's actually amazing to go back and read the original joint Aero - Horween statement given everything that has happened. I think they can stand by every single sentence. Perhaps they knew the person in question would whole-heartedly accept the accusation (but, perhaps, not view it as an accusation).

It's a shame (for some) that Aero copyrighting was not as easily copied as some of its patterns.

Benny Holiday

They wouldn't have much content left by the time I finish!

Haha, no, they certainly would not! As Sloan has said, it'd be a big task!

If the tax man is nice to me this year (yes guys, cross your fingers and your toes) I'll be happy to cast my vote with my $ and purchase my next Aero jacket.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Haha, no, they certainly would not! As Sloan has said, it'd be a big task!

If the tax man is nice to me this year (yes guys, cross your fingers and your toes) I'll be happy to cast my vote with my $ and purchase my next Aero jacket.
Keep your eye on that magical exchange rate mate. You would be better off maxing out the visa card and paying that off with the tax return....

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
It's actually amazing to go back and read the original joint Aero - Horween statement given everything that has happened. I think they can stand by every single sentence. Perhaps they knew the person in question would whole-heartedly accept the accusation (but, perhaps, not view it as an accusation).

That statement got a huge amount of attention, too. I've turned up all sorts of threads on Google, including one on the Style Forum which, last I saw, had gone past "Eh? What's this about?" to "My, they care a lot about this on TFL..." to Horween selling certain hides to AL and SF saying "Oh, must all be sorted out then." (!)

I remember, must have been about a week earlier, when Holly posted that Will was leaving Aero to do his own thing, and us all thinking he was off to create a new line of jackets of his own.... Lot of water under the bridge since it all first hit...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Yes Edward , that happened a few weeks after I first joined the Lounge....Up until Sloan delivered the facts, I really didn't know much. After reading the excellent factual report I was stunned. The scope of the whole betrayal and the genuine dishonesty is really breathtaking. I sincerely hope that it goes one step further and onto another level. I don't really think justice will be done until the rest of it all is uncovered. By that I mean everyone that played their part re pattern theft etc etc has been exposed and has payed the piper. It can't end here surely?( and don't call me Shirley)

Benny Holiday

Yes Edward , that happened a few weeks after I first joined the Lounge....Up until Sloan delivered the facts, I really didn't know much. After reading the excellent factual report I was stunned. The scope of the whole betrayal and the genuine dishonesty is really breathtaking. I sincerely hope that it goes one step further and onto another level. I don't really think justice will be done until the rest of it all is uncovered. By that I mean everyone that played their part re pattern theft etc etc has been exposed and has payed the piper. It can't end here surely?( and don't call me Shirley)

+ 1

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, Horween is a bit of a question mark in this. At the time, they sold to AL at the time on the basis of their relationship with Will, but heavily predicated on the outcome of the trial. What they must think of everything that's happened in the past month? If I was Skip Horween, the fact that the whole storse thing was crystalised during the trial - WL and Johnny Minto both copping to it, even if they lied about their reasons and the length of time they were at it - would have had my eye brows climbing over the back of my head. Throw in the fact that AL are flogging Horween jackets at bargain basement prices - which raises questions about the relative cost of the leather (though I'm assuming they're selling at either cost or a loss) and you've got a heady brew there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner