Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

pawineguy

One Too Many
I'm really gobsmacked by AL involvment in this. I don't understand how thus far they have not been dragged kicking and screaming into this. They are in it up to their apricots. I hope this is just stage 1, the next stage being a fact finding mission re AL and ST. It really seems like the tip of the ice berg in what was obviously a well thought, highly planned, very systematic malicious campaign motivated by greed and jealously. You can't escape the fact that these guys genuinely set out to destroy Aero, damn the collateral damage.

I can't imagine that AL can duck the civil courts unless KC is just worn out by all of this and wants to get back to making jackets. That said, I'm sure he's got great attorneys who are advising him on what he might be able to gain vs. the legal expenses he will incur / chances of a positive result. Unfortunately, many cases like this do not end up being litigated because the potential legal costs just don't justify it, and someone like KC would rather move on and spend those dollars on building his business. I'm sure we'll know before too long if there is going to be further action.

I'm really gobsmacked by AL involvment in this. I don't understand how thus far they have not been dragged kicking and screaming into this. They are in it up to their apricots. I hope this is just stage 1, the next stage being a fact finding mission re AL and ST. It really seems like the tip of the ice berg in what was obviously a well thought, highly planned, very systematic malicious campaign motivated by greed and jealously. You can't escape the fact that these guys genuinely set out to destroy Aero, damn the collateral damage.

And that failed. AL's got only one chance, one last chance, right now and that is to instantly, today, this evening, take down every single jacket from their web page, and put up just one design entirely of their own manufacture, posted up by tomorrow morning. That's literally the only thing they can do if they want to see the end of the June still in business. And if they sell one piece of that jacket, it's as good of a start as they could've ever hoped for.

But somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm sure we'll know before too long if there is going to be further action.

There should be. This is Aero Highwayman...
roadster-001_1.jpg

...that's not being sold by Aero as an Aero Highwayman.

Sam Walker learned their lesson the hard way, so why should AL be an exception?

pawineguy

One Too Many
There should be. This is Aero Highwayman...

...that's not being sold by Aero as an Aero Highwayman.

Sam Walker learned their lesson the hard way, so why should AL be an exception?

Monitor, I couldn't agree more. I also highly doubt that they will change anything, as that would be a tacit admission of their involvement.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I think tonight there will be two Scottish companies drinking equally heavily, for very different reasons! I would hate to be the guy who's jacket is getting made at Aero first thing Monday morning....

Sam Walker was inferior, yes, but they were still making a stitch for a stitch copy of Aero's gear. I've seen their stuff. It's not Aero quality, but it's close enough to fool anyone who hasn't done their research and just wants a quality leather jacket, into thinking they're getting an Aero co. piece. People still quite often resort to such trickery on eBay. '...Sam Walker jacket made by Aero.', is what I've read in the description one too many times... That sort of stuff needs to be sanctioned, not for Aero's sake, but for everyone's sake whose hard earned money is on the line. So AL selling Aero jackets needs to be stopped. Now.

I remember watching a documentary about some Japanese factory that was polluting like crazy, can't recall the details anymore, without warning anyone about it. They faked the pollution test results and the effects of the pollution and when they were finally exposed, some woman called out a CEO of the company about what they were doing, the guy walked up to a microphone, bowed his head and apologized, admitting that everything they were accused of was true. No cover-ups, lies, nothing, the guy flat out admitted they were doing it and lied about it. I respect that. Same I would respect AL if they admitted everything, I honestly would. And in the long run I would have given them a chance because they had the balls to do it.

I think tonight there will be two Scottish companies drinking equally heavily, for very different reasons! I would hate to be the guy who's jacket is getting made at Aero first thing Monday morning....

Provided the delivery from Horween came in today, I honestly believe I am going to be that guy... lol

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Sam Walker was inferior, yes, but they were still making a stitch for a stitch copy of Aero's gear. I've seen their stuff. It's not Aero quality, but it's close enough to fool anyone who hasn't done their research and just wants a quality leather jacket, into thinking they're getting an Aero co. piece. People still quite often resort to such trickery on eBay. '...Sam Walker jacket made by Aero.', is what I've read in the description one too many times... That sort of stuff needs to be sanctioned, not for Aero's sake, but for everyone's sake whose hard earned money is on the line. So AL selling Aero jackets needs to be stopped. Now.

I remember watching a documentary about some Japanese factory that was polluting like crazy, can't recall the details anymore, without warning anyone about it. They faked the pollution test results and the effects of the pollution and when they were finally exposed, some woman called out a CEO of the company about what they were doing, the guy walked up to a microphone, bowed his head and apologized, admitting that everything they were accused of was true. No cover-ups, lies, nothing, the guy flat out admitted they were doing it and lied about it. I respect that. Same I would respect AL if they admitted everything, I honestly would. And in the long run I would have given them a chance because they had the balls to do it.

Provided the delivery from Horween came in today, I honestly believe I am going to be that guy... lol

Yeah, but in Japan the bow would have been the end of it. No prosecutions, no compensation. Take it from me, bows, tears, and 'I'll do better from now on', are a pretty easy get out of jail, and nothing changes.

The president of the power company that runs Fukushima, left the office sick when news of the disaster happened, and flew to the other end of the country for a couple of months. One teary bow, and 'I'm sorry, there is no excuse', and to this day not one person charged, despite admitting that they were aware of safety failures but didn't take action so as not to cause alarm.
Our way is better.

Last edited:

AdeeC

Practically Family
In many parts of Asia, a truthful confession can earn you a lot of redemption points. In the West it makes the prosecution case easier.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In many parts of Asia a lie that is acceptable to most parties becomes the truth, and woe betide anyone who departs from that fiction. That's also the truth.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
North Korea and Mr Marcos were good like that.

Japan's like that, hence the axiom 'Uso mo houben'- effectively 'A lie is an acceptable means to an end'.
Seriously, try 28 days in a Japanese cell without being charged, without video or audio recordings of questioning, no phone calls, and no access to a lawyer or a doctor. THAT is why Japan has a 99% conviction rate based on 'honorable' confessions.
It's like N. Korea- with shopping.

lol @ North Korea with shopping. :D Though, yeah, I see your point...

Another J 106? I miss looking at that jacket of yours.....nicest one I've seen for such a long time.

Nope. Something entirely different. It will be a spectacle of disastrous modifications and horrible ideas, you'll see. You only think you've seen a Frankenjacket! People will shake their heads in disbelief. Aye, that J106 was the nicest jacket I've ever handled, myself. The leather of that one... It was one in a million.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I wrote this for them. There is a longer version of the piece that I'm going to stick up on medium with some of the other pics that I gave the Mail but didn't use.

@edward, wouldn't they?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ