Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I know that some people want to see this thread wrapped up, and closed.
I know that some people think there is a mob mentality thing going on.

If Aero were to post here and say, 'Hey guy's, give it a break', I'd respect their wishes.

I think that for me personally, as a customer, this trial has made it clear to me that there were individuals who couldn't be trusted with my money.
I think members need to remember that after all, these people were ready to defraud you too (in fact, they may have defrauded you already- I don't know what you bought, and when you bought it).

Another thing is that Will Lauder's employer, Alexander Leather has been seeking to change the historical record to distance itself from implication in Will Lauder's wrong doing (as Superfluous has shown), and in doing so, has criticized the Lounge. Do Lounge members want to assist them with that? Or do Lounge members want to ensure that the historical record stands available for all to see and judge, with no risk of revisionism?

Alexander Leathers has made allegations about Aero sending customers a 'slam' e-mail. Still nobody has received a copy of that, have they?
They also said that they would refer queries to their legal team. How many times have I asked them to clarify the origin of their patterns, and yet, no reply.

Last edited:
It's difficult to understand how acting so aggressive and confrontational will solve anything. On the other hand, informing others and exposing past discrepancies, such as Superfluous's detective work provided, does come across as very beneficial. Posted factual information really can't be disputed..but a vigorously pointed attack can, most likely, only result in a closed thread.

AdeeC

Practically Family
I think it's presumptious and inappropriate to make any assumptions about how the Calders should feel, really. It's one thing to feel horror at reading something, another to have to live it.

At sentencing did WL have anything to say? Did he still maintain innocence or offer an apology? Or was he just led away?

Last edited:

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yet again, I find myself disagreeing with certain of the naysayers who challenge the propriety of this thread. Contrary to their hyperbolic assertions, this thread is not a witch-hunt, nor a public stoning. Most importantly, this thread is not a departure from the decorum and civility that prevailed during the Golden Era. Rather, this thread is: (1) an exploration of events which directly affected and impacted the membership of this forum, and continue to do so; and (2) a search for the truth, which necessitates inquiry into dishonest and/or disingenuous statements and conduct. In order to discuss criminality, search for the truth, and ferret out the lies, one must speak frankly (in contrast to the dishonesty that is being discussed and exposed). There has been much frank discussion in this thread. However, with very few exceptions, the frank discussion has remained civil and respectful. Yes, we have condemned criminality and its perpetrators, exposed lies, and called a spade a spade. In the context of the subject matter at issue, the foregoing is entirely appropriate, warranted and within the bounds of etiquette.

“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day: . . . I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Yet again, I find myself disagreeing with certain of the naysayers who challenge the propriety of this thread. Contrary to their hyperbolic assertions, this thread is not a witch-hunt, nor a public stoning. Most importantly, this thread is not a departure from the decorum and civility that prevailed during the Golden Era. Rather, this thread is: (1) an exploration of events which directly affected and impacted the membership of this forum, and continue to do so; and (2) a search for the truth, which necessitates inquiry into dishonest and/or disingenuous statements and conduct. In order to discuss criminality, search for the truth, and ferret out the lies, one must speak frankly (in contrast to the dishonesty that is being discussed and exposed). There has been much frank discussion in this thread. However, with very few exceptions, the frank discussion has remained civil and respectful. Yes, we have condemned criminality and its perpetrators, exposed lies, and called a spade a spade. In the context of the subject matter at issue, the foregoing is entirely appropriate, warranted and within the bounds of etiquette.

“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day: . . . I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

I started it. With the furthest of my intentions being to take away from the tragic loss suffered by Aero. I mean that with every living cell in my body. However, when I saw the comments and later the comments directed at WL or his possible family members, I too felt that they were crossing the line of decency, and had a cruel and insensitive tone about them. That's all. I realize now by having expressed my feelings about them, they could be interpreted as catering to the guilty party and disregarding the true victim's toil. But that was never the case. I just reacted to what I felt were people crossing the line, almost parading around someone's situation, a situation which is very much deserved on his end. I'm just not one to do that to anyone, even my worst enemies. That's my line of standards, not necessarily everyone else's. I made the error of trying to call a few out for their comments, when I really should have just voiced my lone opinion and left it at that.

Last edited:
From my perspective there is only one guilty party with a few greedy cohorts at the ready to back his aspirations and come in for the kill. Of course these actions affected a lot of people. Many innocent and then perhaps some others involved..not so much. Regardless of opinions posted here, the true insensitivity lies exactly where most of us are pointing the blame. The responses to those deliberate deeds are not only of sadness but of anger as well. It should be more than obvious who actually crossed the line.
HD

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From my perspective there is only one guilty party with a few greedy cohorts at the ready to back his aspirations and come in for the kill. Of course these actions affected a lot of people. Many innocent and then perhaps some others involved..not so much. Regardless of opinions posted here, the true insensitivity lies exactly where most of us are pointing the blame. The responses to those deliberate deeds are not only of sadness but of anger as well. It should be more than obvious who actually crossed the line.
HD

Ding ding ding!!!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I've been reading this thread since it started. I read it as an absolutely impartial observer who has virtually no interest in leather jackets and, as such, I am highly unlikely to ever buy from any of the parties involved.

As an observer I find it curious that arguments are even taking place. I don't think anything particularly unfair has been said (although I, for one, found Paddy's early comments rather unexpected). What this tells me is that you lot are really bloody passionate about leather jackets! Maybe you care too much and you are arguing about points that really don't need to be argued about now that the case is over.

Justice has been done, so please get back to celebrating the jackets you all love (and discussing leather and zips and all that fetish stuff) rather than going round in circles about who has said what.

These arguments won't help Aero get over these difficult times, but getting on their website and supporting them by buying something might help soften the blow!

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I've been reading this thread since it started. I read it as an absolutely impartial observer who has virtually no interest in leather jackets and, as such, I am highly unlikely to ever buy from any of the parties involved.

As an observer I find it curious that arguments are even taking place. I don't think anything particularly unfair has been said (although I, for one, found Paddy's early comments rather unexpected). What this tells me is that you lot are really bloody passionate about leather jackets! Maybe you care too much and you are arguing about points that really don't need to be argued about now that the case is over.

Justice has been done, so please get back to celebrating the jackets you all love (and discussing leather and zips and all that fetish stuff) rather than going round in circles about who has said what.

These arguments won't help Aero get over these difficult times, but getting on their website and supporting them by buying something might help soften the blow!

I agree.
Superfluous has got this whole thing straight IMHO. In with him in this.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Adeec, WL didn't say anything. It was his defence who told the sheriff that he insisted that he was innocent - I doubt that helped the length of his sentence. Just to push the discussion on, or at least away, a bit into something a little more interesting, here are a few pics of some of the haul - the boxes are jeans.

IMG_2830-sm.jpg

IMG_2829-sm.jpg

IMG_2831-sm.jpg

Last edited:

AdeeC

Practically Family
Adeec, WL didn't say anything. It was his defence who told the sheriff that he insisted that he was innocent - I doubt that helped the length of his sentence. Just to push the discussion on, or at least away, a bit into something a little more interesting, here are a few pics of some of the haul - the boxes are jeans.

View attachment 30309

View attachment 30310

View attachment 30311

Thanks, defiant and unrepentant to the end it appears.

Edward

Bartender
I suppose suddenly coming over all sorry at that late stage wouldn't have helped any either. Even a guilty plea suddenly entered right as a trial begind can ire a judge who is apt to consider that it should have been entered from the off, rather than wasting everyone's time preparing for a trial. Add in loss of face, and you can start to build a picture. Given the seriousness of the crime, I suspect a custodial sentence was never going to be in question (had it not been a first conviction, I think we'd have seen something much closer to the maximum three years than three months shy of two years). Hard to imagine a guilty plea wouldn't have resulted in a substantially shorter sentence by quite a few months, though.

It'll be interesting to see what comes up in the sale, though it sounds like it's all going to be smaller than I would require. The photos do really start to bring home justg how much stuff was involved.

TwoTypes: just don't mention your Tom of Finland collection, eh? ;)

mattp

One of the Regulars
Is that the stuff that was stored at Aero, or are all the patterns in the background part of the haul? I thought they had been returned prior to the raid.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's the stuff that was stolen stored at Aero. Those are just patterns, I think. There are hundreds of them, so they have to go somewhere.

AdeeC

Practically Family
I suppose suddenly coming over all sorry at that late stage wouldn't have helped any either. Even a guilty plea suddenly entered right as a trial begind can ire a judge who is apt to consider that it should have been entered from the off, rather than wasting everyone's time preparing for a trial. Add in loss of face, and you can start to build a picture. Given the seriousness of the crime, I suspect a custodial sentence was never going to be in question (had it not been a first conviction, I think we'd have seen something much closer to the maximum three years than three months shy of two years). Hard to imagine a guilty plea wouldn't have resulted in a substantially shorter sentence by quite a few months, though.

It'll be interesting to see what comes up in the sale, though it sounds like it's all going to be smaller than I would require. The photos do really start to bring home justg how much stuff was involved.

TwoTypes: just don't mention your Tom of Finland collection, eh? ;)

That's makes sense, he probably had little to lose. But in the long run if he admitted at least making mistakes it would be more helpful for him. Would find it hard to regain trust if he tries to come back to the business.

IXL

One Too Many
Yes, despite the weight of evidence to the contrary. I find it hard to fathom. [huh]

I don't. Having been in court many times with convicted criminals, I find this defiant behavior actually rather common. I feel it speaks volumes about those convicted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner