Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Grizzly.

powerserge

One of the Regulars
I can't explain why but back when I saw a Grizzly jacket for the first time (which was here on the lounge) my first thoughts were "that's a peculiar style", immediately followed by "I want one".

This Aero Grizzly, bought from a fellow lounger, was made by Julie Leitch in the summer of 2019 and it's pretty much flawless in terms of construction. It looks heavier than it is, weighing just over 2 kg. It's made from seal Vicenza horsehide with dark brown shearling panels and features an Alpaca lining and brass hardware.

View attachment 313391 View attachment 313392 View attachment 313390

Like @Carlos840 Grizzly this one is also tagged size 40.

25.2' ptp
19.7' shoulder width
23.2' back length
19.7' bottom hem

I usually wear my jackets with a 22' ptp and 18' shoulder so the measurements on this one looked quite off. Also, a 23' back length is really short, even for my standards :) However, I knew how good this jacket looked on its first owner @torfjord and since we're roughly the same height I guessed the measurements should be fine for me as well.

View attachment 313394 View attachment 313393

I'm very pleased with the fit. I love the blousing effect that is created by the huge drop in combination with the short length. I think the short length goes great with the style as worn back in the 30s.

View attachment 313396

I absolutely love it. I think it looks badass and I really don't understand why people think this style is 'too much' or 'out-there'.

Anyway, my gf thinks it's too much. I guess she just has to deal with it :p
Wow, what an amazing jacket and such a awesome fit! I really like the blousing effect that you mentioned that is going on with this jacket and does give off a very vintage feel. I feel myself getting a bit grizzly curious but I don't think I'm too far into jacketeering just yet...need to get a black jacket first. One of my favorite grizzly out there is the Goodwear owned by @Mysteryo and also like the wolverine from Himel

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Interstingly I get more stared wearing the red Tenjin than my Thedi cow hair grizzly
Do people really stare? No matter what I wear, I don't think I get stared at here in Amsterdam. I wonder whether that has anything to do with the spirit of the city, Amsterdam being open minded?

I do remember getting a lot of strange looks when I wore a cashmere coat with fox fur collar (when I was 18). I guess that was a little bit out there :p
4032AB50-911B-4B19-A532-0B3D1CE1D248.png

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Do people really stare? No matter what I wear, I don't think I get stared at here in Amsterdam. I wonder whether that has anything to do with the spirit of the city, Amsterdam being open minded?

I do remember getting a lot of strange looks when I wore a cashmere coat with fox fur collar (when I was 18). I guess that was a little bit out there :p
View attachment 313573

That coat looks amazing though! Very elegant!

Not everybody stares, but I catch a few doing so. I suspect that bright colour, with the leather sheen in motion is much more catchy than anything else I currently have... even the purple freewheelers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112