Aero Leather Grizzly.

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Carlos840, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

I don’t get it. Sure the mouton fur is still attached to the animal skin? Why would you feel the need to double up the leather? Fair enough the mouton part isn’t infused with waxes etc but my grizzly doesn’t feel like it will come apart anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

Completely agree, there are original grizzlies still in good shape, and there are sheepskin coats and jackets that are very old too, both hold up very well. If you intend on riding with them, then i somewhat understand, but in general wear i doubt you need the two layers.
    I wonder if sheepskin isn't actually more resilient with the fur side on the outside, that's how it's designed to be worn in the first place.

Edward and Mich486 like this.
  3. mihai

mihai One of the Regulars

I think that structurally it hold on better being made of the same material. Tensions/forces would be more evenly distributed. Plus it would look more consistent instead of creasing/folding easily in sheepskin areas.

It's more a matter of personal preference I guess. If I spend almost 1k on a jacket I want something nice but also really bulletproof. I can't stand paying that much for less than that.