Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Grizzly.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
For the past few years i have been Grizzly curious...

It's this weird feeling, a mix of wanting one very badly, being confused as to why i actually want one, and at the same time wondering if i would ever have what it takes to walk out of my front door wearing one.
Because of that question i didn't want to order a new one, pay full retail and end up selling it after a single wear, but i also knew that i had to try one, that was the only way i would know...
So i started looking around.

I missed a Goodwear one last year by a couple hours (thanks @Mysteryo!!!!), saw a few cheap repros on the Bay here and there, but none of them were what i had in mind... As you can imagine looking for a grizzly is a bit more complicated than looking for a Cafe Racer.

Well, last week my dream Grizzly turned up on eBay, I sniped it for what i think was a very decent price, and received it today.
It is GLORIOUS!

The jacket is pretty much brand new and mostly unworn. It was made by Julie Leitch the 27/04/18, and with the summer we had this year i highly doubt the previous owner had many opportunities to wear it!
It is made from rust mutton and black FQHH CXL leather with a medium or light weight wool tartan. Everything about it is well made and well executed, i cannot find an obvious bad stitch or any real issues with it, the fur is super nice, fluffy and soft.

The fit is interesting, it has a massive chest for a size 40 (25.5") and a super thin waist (19.5") you really have to be super V shaped to fit this model.
The waist is actually as tight as i would want it to be, any less and i couldn't zip it up.
As it stands this big drop creates a nice blousing effect, i like it a lot.
I really didn't want this jacket to be oversized as they get pretty weird looking when they are (well, weirder looking) and i think the fit of this one is pretty much perfect.
It feels different from wearing a regular leather jacket, it is much softer and it slumps more, a bit like wearing a thick wet blanket. (Weight: 2.61kg / 5.75lb)

All in all i love this jacket, i was lucky enough to find pretty much what i would have ordered, in the size i would have wanted it. The only thing i would change would be to get rid of the storm cuffs and maybe add 0.5" in the waist.

Full disclosure, I haven't gone out with it yet, but i am confident i will survive my first outing in the wild!

OsPzAE5.jpg

D2tq73o.jpg

woFjkzI.jpg

0IgRdUa.jpg

PmhTVUG.jpg

8HlDXiV.jpg

And fit pics:

beULYBv.jpg

IptfihY.jpg

sq6f3C3.jpg

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I think I remember seeing this jacket on Aero’s instagram earlier this year, gorgeous jacket! And it fits you very well, congratulations!

Also, damn this place, now my desire for a grizzly has been reawakened.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Mich486

One Too Many
Nice one Carlos! I was tempted to go with rust as well but in the end I chose dark brown fur. Agree the taper is massive ;)

To be honest, after wearing it out of the house for a couple of times it doesn’t feel any flashier than a cross-zip to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willyto

One Too Many
Holy sh*t!

That's the first thought that cames to mind. It's an amazing piece! Definitely something that adds to your collection being very original, you don't have anything like it.

That's one that will turn some heads, I'm sure of that (Telling from experience, people will look at you)

It fits you very very well. The colour is just beautiful!

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Grizzly jackets are huge fun to wear and I have yet to have any disparaging comments about mine...I think people don't realise what they have seen.Practical too...they are lighter and warmer than most leather jackets

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Haha, my gf has threatened to leave me if I ever buy a grizzly. I’m still interested in a grizzly...

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

She'll get used to it, just needs time to adapt :)

Well, she threatened to leave me too, but i managed to avoid that...
I am expecting a lot of eye rolling and snarky comments whenever i wear it.

The only problem really is that my girlfriend refuses to walk next to me if i wear it.
Sometimes a problem is actually a solution! Man I have to say this is easily one of if not the nicest griz jackets I've seen. I love the color combo and it looks to be an absolute fortress. The fit is spectacular but there's no surprise there. Man well done carlos...what a jacket!

mihai

A-List Customer
Congratulations, nice jacket!
I had the same jacket on my mind but I let it go. Because of a small detail I don't like about Grizzlys off the rack: they don't have any leather under the mouton panels. Not the perfect thing for me. You have the thick leather and then the soft mouton panels only. I'm wondering about long time durability.
This is why I got 2 custom HH Grizzlys with hair on hide. They are not as faithful as the originals but they have the doubled panels and custom fit.

Gamma68

One Too Many
This is one hell of a jacket. Seriously cool. And you rock the look, @Carlos840. As an experiment, I think I’ll tell my wife that I’m thinking of getting one (to see how she responds).

Actually, you’d think women would like them quite a bit, since many like fur coats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ