Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero leathers 3/4 jacket - durable durable leather

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Jerky horsehide is substantial leather that's easy to wear right out of the box. The two Jerky HH (black and brown) I have are quite thick. About 3.5oz (1.4mm) thickness. I haven't soaked my jerky's all the way through yet so I can't say for sure. But it looks it should do well. Will post here if something bad happens.
It's just hard to water test my jerky's because the IR pattern is tight so I don't wear often. And the vest never gets wet being a middle layer.
I got my IR from the sale page. It has been bought and returned a few times before it got to me. I've only worn it a few times this year and it still looks brand new. The top coat finishing is very good quality.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I seem to have enough black jackets, and a new to me Cordovan one, next up may be a brown CXL Steer Or FQHH Ridley or a Sheen (Thurston Brothers) in brow of one of the two leathers mentioned. I for one like the worn-in look (to a point - as long as it's reasonable). So I may consider the Jerky as an option as well.

Edward

Bartender
Thanks for the heads up on this. I seem to have enough black jackets, and a new to me Cordovan one, next up may be a brown CXL Steer Or FQHH Ridley or a Sheen (Thurston Brothers) in brow of one of the two leathers mentioned. I for one like the worn-in look (to a point - as long as it's reasonable). So I may consider the Jerky as an option as well.

I think colour definitely can make a difference; I love the look of a bit o wear and variation in brown, but black I prefer to stay black. How much wear is, indeed, a question; too much and it does limit when I'd wear a jacket.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I think colour definitely can make a difference; I love the look of a bit o wear and variation in brown, but black I prefer to stay black. How much wear is, indeed, a question; too much and it does limit when I'd wear a jacket.

Also a good point to me Edward. I have a couple black jackets that I hope will stay at least mostly black. With the Lost Worlds, that is not an issue, it's black, period. The CXL FQHH Indian Ranger - will for now, but we'll see how it ages. Some CXL ages quicker than others. I like break in evidence, but not perhaps turning brown in a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass