Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Long Half Belt without flap pockets?

harryw

New in Town
Hi there,

I just registered to this forum. I was searching for pictures of several models of Aero leather jackets, and most picture links led to the Fedora lounge. So I thought that must be a good place to address my questions to. ;)

I've seen (and tried) the Higwayman and the Route 66 in a shop in Berlin (Burg & Schild, for the sake of completeness). I liked them both, the Route 66 a little bit better, but in the end I think I'd like to have something a bit longer.

They didn't have any of the longer models (Long Half Belt, Hercules) in this shop, so it's difficult for me to make up my mind.
With the Long Half Belt, I don't like the flap pockets in the first place. So for the moment my question is if someone ever ordered one without these pockets and has some pictures of it?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Harry

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think that a LHB without pockets would be essentially the same thing as a Teamster with zipper instead of buttons. You can see how a size 42 Teamster with 28.5" back and 27.5" sleeves fits my 6'1"+ stick like frame. Whether or not Aero will allow you to order a LHB without pockets should be a question addressed to Holly.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Go to my "New Teamster" thread on the previous page and the "Horween USA and Aero Joint Statement" on this page. I did not have the straps cinched down. Also see Dav's thread recently showing excellent pictures and fit. His pictures are top notch; mine are not. Frank's pictures in the Horween USA thread also illustrate a great fit. Keep in mind that Frank is big and tall enough to play for the Dallas Cowboys as a defensive lineman.

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't like the pocket flaps on this pattern either. I'd have them taken off too if I got this jacket which looks pretty cool otherwise. Love to see a photo of such a customization.

majormajor

One Too Many
Thanks Fanch.

Where can I see this?

Here you go, Harry...

20130414110731.jpg

A great fitting jacket, Fanch!:D;)

Unwissender

One of the Regulars
Hello Harryw

I have a Long Half Belt without flap bags and zips to the hand warmers.

it is not possible to send you pictures here. But what can you send it to your email address

Greetings from Frankfurt

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Very nice jacket Harry, I've a LHB but with the cargo pockets... I find your mod quite nice. I also like the idea you put shearling in her. Good idea for the winter. Need to work on the collar a bit (just joshing) then it'll be perfect.

Worf

Edward

Bartender
Great looking jacket - that's a lovely hide you've got it in. I've never encountered a hide in an Aero I didn't like, but the brown stuff is just so rich looking... Just received at exactly the right time of year, too. This last week my go-to has suddenly stopped being one of my leather and gone right to the shearlings.... dreaming about Winter 2015 and a Thunder Bay....

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Looks good on you.

I ordered one very like it without the cargo pockets from the other place just a couple of days ago. I've had FQHH jackets with flap pockets around the lower chest area, and with a thick stiff hide they can be a bit uncomfortable when sitting down.

I prefer the cleaner look too.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Like the other guys Harry, I love it. That hide looks so good with that pattern of jacket. And as Edward says, it's arrived at just the right time for the northern winter.

Don't be gentle on it - it's going to look more and more amazing the more you wear it in.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Very nice. I wish I had that done on mine! Never occured to me to order the LHB without the flaps. Darn! Enjoy this beauty, fit is awesome and the weather just right for the shearling. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy