Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Long Half Belt without flap pockets?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Harry, that is a great looking jacket that looks like it could even be worn if you visited the Alaska North Slope! :D It appears to fit you and have an almost identical look as my Teamster, with the exception of the zipper and fleece lining on your LHB vs. the buttons and moleskin lining on my Teamster. I would have to live at least 500 miles north of my present location to take advantage of your fleece lining. Congratulations on a unique, fantastic jacket! :thumb:

harryw

New in Town
Thanks all!

Judging from all the positive feedback, maybe Aero should bring it out as a regular model. ;)

Cheers
Harry

Peacoat

Bartender
I agree with Coops, really like the clean look. The Aero rich brown is hard to beat.

Did Aero have to go up a size in the body to accommodate the thicker shearling?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I agree with Coops, really like the clean look. The Aero rich brown is hard to beat.

Did Aero have to go up a size in the body to accommodate the thicker shearling?

They always use a size up shell with the shearling lined jackets. Except the Thunder Bay apparently which is designed for the lining from the start.

GGinMP

New in Town
I had been wondering if it was possible to get a LHB without flap pockets, and now I know! Makes it hard to decide between this option or a Highwayman (which I'd try to get a tad longer than standard, about to the top of my back 501 jean pockets). Hmmm.....

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'd go with the LHB. THe moment you start mucking around with the proportions of a jacket it begins to look odd/wrong. We've seen it so many times on here, and the old Aero regime were particularly guilty of doing all sorts of strange mods at people's requests, it rarely ends well.

GGinMP

New in Town
I'd go with the LHB. THe moment you start mucking around with the proportions of a jacket it begins to look odd/wrong. We've seen it so many times on here, and the old Aero regime were particularly guilty of doing all sorts of strange mods at people's requests, it rarely ends well.

I understand your point, but where is the Highwayman back is supposed to end traditionally, and how much change equals "mucking around"? Adding 1" longer than average doesn't seem like it would change proportions much, vs. adding 4". I'm guessing what I'm thinking of might be 1-2" more than "traditional."

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I would say an inch is the limit, after that the dimensions are noticeably out of kilter. My advice would be if you want a longer jacket, get one that starts out as a longer jacket, trying to turn a boxy shorter jacket into a mid-length thing will end in tears...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo