AERO MAXWELL with some mods

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by 4444Design, Feb 24, 2020.

1. 4444Design

4444Design One of the Regulars

Since i owned a 1930ies Halfbelt for about a year i was "infected" and started to plan for the 2nd AERO.

My choice was the MAXWELL with some mods like american cuffs and a pleated back. Material is CXFQHH but i think thats obvious.

I think as a customer i was a real "pain in the a..e" consumed a lot of AERO's staff Patience.

Anyway - after less than 12 weeks i received the jacket and i'm fully blown away ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can see from my smile i'm in real love with "MAX" ...

Will post some more pics the next couple of days ...

2. Mawashi

Mawashi One of the Regulars

4444Design,

That looks awesome and it's one of the jackets I'm considering as a travel jacket.

It's now starting to look better n better thanks to your post!

4444Design likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That is incredibly sharp! Full action back was a great call! Fit is absolutely spot on! Congrats!

Phil Silv3rs, 4444Design and Lebowski like this.
  4. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

Thomas, you look like a rock-star!)

4444Design likes this.
  5. Stand By

Stand By One Too Many

Style!
    It fits you a treat, Sir, and is pure class. You and Aero nailed the fit. It's a jacket you could dress up with chinos, shirt and tie, or down with jeans and a T. Either way, it's a winner and suits you.
    That explains your smile!
    Thanks for posting.

Phil Silv3rs, 4444Design and Lebowski like this.
  6. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

Ton, do you still wear yours? Your black Maxwell fits you perfectly badass too!

7. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

LOL...I sold it a while back. The alpaca was just too irritating for me. Was a killer jacket though and this one pictured here with perfect mods has me thinking again.

4444Design, Mawashi and Lebowski like this.
  8. Mawashi

ton312, outta curiosity what made the alpaca irritating? I'm asking cos I'm on the process of getting a jacket and would appreciate whatever advice on the lining etc.

9. Cornelius

Cornelius One of the Regulars

I apologize for my ignorance here, but what is meant by "American cuffs"?

10. lina

lina Practically Family

Looks great! Now, let's see pics of the lining: The red at the end of the sleeves is getting me interested..

Also, good call on not using the Corozo buttons -- I had three or four of those break one after the other on the Maxwell that I (briefly) owned.

4444Design likes this.
  11. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It was too itchy for me to ever be comfortable in. I’m somewhat sensitive to wool and the jacket was too fitted for more than a t shirt underneath it. I think alpaca varies by batch and some folks don’t seem to mind it at all.

Mawashi likes this.
  12. Edward

Edward Bartender

It's a particular style, most commonly seen on the Highwayman, but also as standard on the 50s HB and Bootlegger. If you look closely at the photos, you'll see that the sleeves taper down to the cuff, which has no means of narrowing it further like a button (shirt-style cuff) or zip - just a tapered end to the sleeve. Also characteristic is that extra panel on the top with the diagonal cut to the end of it - just decoration, really. It's also common (but not obligatory) for this style of cuff to have an internalised knit. Like am innie version of the outie knit cuffs on an A2.

Cornelius, Mawashi and Benny Holiday like this.
  13. Edward

Edward Bartender

Very nice. Did you elimibate the flap from the breast pocket, or is it tucked in in these photos?

14. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

It looks like a superb fit. My Maxwell is similar but standard back with yoke and button sleeves. I decided to go with black veg tanned goatskin as I live in a warmer clime (Texas). My only CXL FQHH is my Teamster. Congratulations on a nice acquisition.

Phil Silv3rs likes this.
  15. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

The Maxwell just has a slash chest pocket- no flap. It's really convenient.

Edward likes this.
  16. Edward

Edward Bartender

Yes, mymistake - confused it with the very similar Mulligan!

17. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Suits you to a T and such a versatile design. One of the best button-up jackets I've seen here.

Phil Silv3rs and 4444Design like this.
  18. seres

seres A-List Customer

What a stunning creation! I've been thinking of a button-up, something like the Maxwell, and these photos have convinced me to act. Perfect fit and mods.

4444Design likes this.
  19. Mawashi

Thanks ton312, I see and many thanks, I've heard some manufacturers lay wool first than have a cotton lining that way it's warm wo the itchiness of wool.
    Thanks for the info

20. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

When I ordered my Mulligan, I completely eliminated the chest pocket. IMO the chest pocket flap on the Mulligan really looks cheesy. On the other hand the cargo pockets with flaps is very functional and worthwhile. I also ordered my Maxwell without a chest pocket. Both of my Sheenes do have chest pockets on the left although I consider any chest pocket though as merely decorative, at least for me.

El Marro likes this.