Aero Open Day: August 17th, 2019

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Sloan1874, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Peter Mackin

Peter Mackin Practically Family

Jacket looks great.
    Pity they didn’t reach out to me when I ordered at B10 that was still advertised on sale page last Sunday night,,otherwise I would have been adding it to my 4 Aeros all bought over a 10 year period,,still money was quickly refunded so all sorted.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  2. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

That's a great jacket but aren't the side cinch belts supposed to be lower than the belt on an original hercules?

3. Harris HTM

Unfortunately none of the jackets fit, both on the small side. I will use the credit for a new Teamster. Any recommendations on it?

4. Rosecitymike

Rosecitymike One of the Regulars

Yes, this particular jacket is modified with the belt in a more traditional half-belt location.

Harris HTM likes this.
  5. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

Just curious-I think this is a Dustbowl.Some seem to come with pleats between the back panels and others don't-Was it a request on your part?Thanks.

6. Captain Sensible

Captain Sensible A-List Customer

Yes it is a Dustbowl. I bought it off the rack at the sale. Funny, they're not panels, they're actually functional pleats as I discovered this morning. Useful if I turn into my alter ego and need the extra room.

Edward, handymike and Peter Bowden like this.
  7. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Yes,
    I would go with the battered tan horsehide, or perhaps the veg tanned natural horsehide from the Comipel tannery. I would also recommend that you err on the short side rather than going too long in the back. Harris tweed for the lining. Now that’s a Teamster!

Harris HTM likes this.
  8. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Size down, I got a 40 chest and the size 38 was still plenty of roomy with a 23" pit to pit. Get an inside pockets. The handwarmer pockets are nice for the hands, but not very deep, you cannot safely carry stuff in there. Consider dropping the bi-swing back. I felt it did not help much with movement, adds a lot of bulk and looked rather odd for the first months of wearing the jacket as it bulged very stiffly when in motion. Look at Maxwell too. Very similae just sohrter style but imho looks cleaner with no vertical seams on chest and no biswing back. The Maxwell in Natural Vicencs currently on Sale Page made me really reconsider this style.

Harris HTM likes this.
  9. Here's my Battered Tan HH Teamster. I normally wear a size 40 jacket but this is a 38.....

20181006_175843.jpg 20180603_185718.jpg

Edward, tropicalbob, El Marro and 8 others like this.
  10. Herringbone tweed lining...

20180420_135747.jpg

11. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

Battered tan is a fantastic hide- at some point in the far-off future, I will get another jacket in it (the cafe racer had to go as it was just too short).

12. Captain Sensible

On the battered note, here’s a better look at the Seal once dried, lovely stuff imo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Harris HTM

I'm also thinking changing the standard tweed lining to a Harris tweed. However, owning a couple of Harris tweed products, I hesitate a bit; I mean, such a thick tweed usually needs a satin lining to feel comfortable and not itchy!

Indeed I will size down. I will also go for a 38 (I have a 38 Mariner, 40 30's HB, 36 Happy Days, 38 LHB, 40 Shackleton and 38 B-3). Inside pockets (one or two) are a must, I've never had them on an aero and I miss them; I will get the jacket in a light/medium weight leather so I hope they will not be a problem.

Just amazing jacket. I'm sold. Battered tan or Battered seal?

Is this a battered seal? Looks a lot like a normal CXL brown!

14. Captain Sensible

Yes, unless I was sold a donkey. I've had their CXL brown before and this is definitely more mottled with dark and light spots and, well, battered. Perhaps my photography is not up to much.

Harris HTM likes this.
  15. Harris HTM

If you don't mind could you please make some photo's of the hide under sunlight? It'd be really useful and I'd be grateful!

16. Captain Sensible

Sunlight?! That's a big ask to a Scotsman, I don't want to jinx it but it looks promising today.

17. Harris HTM

Thanks a lot!

18. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

19. Captain Sensible

20. Harris HTM

Thanks a lot man! looks gorgeous and quite different than the battered seal on aero's website.

Imuricecreamman likes this.