Aero Open Day: August 17th, 2019

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Sloan1874, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Bennarion

Bennarion Practically Family

Do you know all these friendly people?
    For example, I don’t know everyone, is it most likely buyers?
    FB_IMG_1566220102350.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  2. willyto

willyto Practically Family

Dennis is the one wearing the Shackleton waistcoat and Ken the one wearing a flat cap and the green leather and wool jacker(which was briefly available and it’s amazing!).

I don’t know the others.

By the way, I have a couple of jackets on my wishlist... but I’m a but worried about the heavy leather due to my climate.

The blue vicenza Dustbowl if it wasn’t corduroy lined was an obvious choice.

Carlos840 likes this.
  3. Rosecitymike

Rosecitymike One of the Regulars

Anybody get the Original Hercules 46 in Cordovan? By the time I got on it was sold (probably a good thing, I think the measurements would have worked, but the chest seemed slightly large for size). Hope some fit pics are posted if it was someone here, and if it is and doesn't fit--DM me!

hondurasdave47 likes this.
  4. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 A-List Customer

I was eyeing that one also!

5. Bennarion

Bennarion Practically Family

Yes, of course I know them :cool:

6. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Anyone know cost of shipping to US and if there is any customs charge concerns?

7. xtopherus

xtopherus New in Town

£40 for shipping a jacket, according to the website and invoice. I expect to pay duty.

8. VestCoast

VestCoast Familiar Face

I paid $63 in customs this past week for a jacket from the sale page.

9. powersci

powersci Familiar Face

Been awhile since I ordered from Aero directly. But when I did I received a duty letter from DHL after the jacket arrived. DHL paid the fee for me and sent an invoice in order to expedite delivery.

10. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

Last two aeros:
    $48 shipping
    $65 DHL for customs
    $27 credit card foreign transaction fee...

Total was $928 for custom zip sleeve HWYman made in under a week and shipped to my door in 2 business days. I cannot complain about that lol

patrick_b and ton312 like this.
  11. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Ok thanks. Sorta takes the wind out of my maybe sails

12. willyto

willyto Practically Family

Those customs are SUPER CHEAP!

Wow, I have to pay that for something which is worth around 100€ or even less.

Mich486 and Psant25 like this.
  13. Thuggee

Thuggee Practically Family

Request ParcelForce and avoid DHL if your having anything from Aero shipped to Australia and you will avoid any customs fees, DHL will go out of there way to hit you with all the fees and charges they can and it’s all legal, ParcelForce may take a few days longer but from my experience always flys under the radar as far as duties and fees go, can’t comment on other countries though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    rocketeer, Alexlutov and ProteinNerd like this.
  14. mygar

mygar A-List Customer

I might add that the deal that you may get from the sales page can evaporate very quickly due to duty and shipping. What's worse is if the jacket doesn't work out... expect to pay almost double sending the jacket back. A jacket that did not work out for me last sale cost me 150-200 out of pocket... turned out not a deal at all lol

15. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

16. Edward

Edward Bartender

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-ri...o-i-have-to-accept-a-credit-note-for-a-return

Posting this for the benefit of those querying the legal position. In short, Aero are entirely within the terms of the Consumer Rights Act and the Ecommerce Regulations (the UK implementation of the standards set in the relevant EU Directives) to offer a credit note rather than a full refund where the item has been returned for reasons down to the buyer (including ordering the wrong size, or simply not liking it 'in person'). The only situations where a customer is entitled to demand refund only are where the item purchased is faulty and cannot be made right by the seller.

ProteinNerd, ton312, Stand By and 8 others like this.
  17. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

I'm not up on DHLs international procedure but they seem to be Aero's default carrier for UK orders. Looking at the picture of the prepared shipping packages they did well for me, Got my items within 24 hrs. Well done the Aero packing team :)

ton312 and Sloan1874 like this.
  18. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Agreed. Aero can get me a jacket delivered flawlessly from U.K. to Chi in 2 days. Take your fee folks. I’m more than happy to pay it. I can’t even get something shipped from Chicago to my Chicago address that fast. Take my money, please and thank you.

19. Thuggee

Thuggee Practically Family

My most recent order from Aero was by ParcelForce, tracking shows 5days delivery from the UK to Australia, can’t complain about that and it will no doubt fly under the radar again and avoid all the usual duties and extra fees that a DHL delivery would attract like a magnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    ProteinNerd and rocketeer like this.
  20. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

I couldn't help myself and I just ordered an Original Hercules for me and an Alpine for my lady.
    Hopefully they will fit, otherwise I will have a nice credit for a future custom one.