Aero Open Day: August 17th, 2019

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Sloan1874, Jun 18, 2019.

1. casterfield

casterfield New in Town

Maybe don’t buy it if you’re not sure it’ll fit?

Boyo likes this.
  2. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

You can never be sure any item of clothing will fit if you order online and had no chance to try it on, hence going by your logic noone ever should buy clothing online. Your argument therefore makes very little sense. But hello stranger, welcome to the Lounge, may you have a long and pleasant stay! :)

Carlos840 likes this.
  3. casterfield

casterfield New in Town

Hello,

Thank you for the warm welcome (truly)! I must say that I do not accept your premise and therefore cannot agree with your conclusion. I’ve purchased many items of clothing online, including jackets—which I recognize are especially costly—all based off of measurements provided. Further, when an item is offered on sale, at a deep discount, I am additionally aware that any risk that the item does not fit is the fault of me, the buyer, not the seller (unless, of course, the seller has misrepresented the item;eg measurements are off).

Anyhow, I suppose we can agree to disagree. Cheers!

Boyo likes this.
  4. SimonR

SimonR One of the Regulars

Your own return policy states "Any item ordered from stock, sale pages included can be returned for full refund or credit note"
    To me that pretty much covers anything you have on the premises (not inc washed denim)

With regard to the reply that people should know when buying on measurements .... there are 10's, if not 100's, of threads on here where experienced jacket buyers purchase knowing the correct sizes where the jacket still doesn't fit how they expected ...

Benny Holiday likes this.
  5. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

I think no refund on sale items is pretty common if you ask me.

Buying up 5-6 jackets to try them out while planning to return all or maybe keep one is taking advantage if you ask me. Of other potential buyers and the company.

navetsea, Boyo, Dav and 8 others like this.
  6. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

Wouldn’t mind a waterfront tomorrow. Anyone have a 44 or 46 and have measurements?

7. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

100% agree. It is very generous of Aero to conduct this online sale and make these jackets available to us at a discount. It seems completely reasonable to me that they set the terms as they see fit.

Salatape, AeroFan_07, Boyo and 2 others like this.
  8. casterfield

casterfield New in Town

And to them it clearly doesn’t, as they have explicitly stated here.

BloodEagle likes this.
  9. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

Well there are regulations on how businesses can conduct sales. I strongly disagree that they can do as they see fit if they are having a sale, i.e clearing the left overs/unsold stuff they have hanging around.

At the same time, I’m sure most sellers discussed here know better than most of us what they can and can’t do to stay within the law.

That said who amongst us won’t be using a credit with Aero at some point in the future?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Guys, if you’re not happy, then don’t participate.
    Stop having a go at this company who are going out of their way to help loyal customers by offering these great deals.
    This just isn’t the type of etiquette appropriate to The Lounge.

11. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

I don't see how discussing something we are not happy about is the type of etuiquette not appropriate to the Lounge. The FedoraLounge is a place dedicated to vintage and repro clothing and to discuss makers and their product. Discussing what we like and what we don't. It's always been a two way street, just look at the more recent discussion about Goodwear or the controversy about Bill Kelso or members voicing their concern about the quality about more recent Vanson products. I like much about Aero, I have bought from them for thousands of dollars, I value their product, their customer service and their kindness shown towards many TFL members. What I don't like is this Sale conditions and I am still very curious how this falls into line with distance seller rights I believed to be implented EU-wide by directive 2011/83/EU. And you can disagree with me on this matter, all fine, but trying to shut down a discussion in this fashion because it concerns a maker you favor, implying I am ill-mannered? Very irritating, to say the least.

It's a shame anyway. As I stated in another thread before, there is at least three jackets I was interested in, but under these circumstances I won't take my chances.

Bfd70, Dr H, felix03 and 3 others like this.
  12. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

A lot of major online retailers have "final sales" with deep discounts with the terms and conditions being no returns even the their usual "sales" do allow returns.

I have to agree with @dan_t if you aren't happy with the conditions of this specific sale, you don't have to take part.....this is a private company offering discounts off their goods with terms and conditions just like every other private company does.

I honestly don't understand the point of getting worked up over something like this, surely you have more important stuff going on in your life?

13. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

Aero is my favorite (or least hated) company so far. Having said that, no matter how "nice" they may look like, I don't think they are doing this just for returning favor of loyal customer.

The return policy shows very clearly the purpose of this sale.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Honeyman1935 and SimonR like this.
  14. BloodEagle

BloodEagle New in Town

Well, Ive just bagged a CXFQHH Board Racer and I'm very happy with the terms/return policy - if youre not, don't buy anything. If the jacket doesnt work out for me for whatever reason Ill sell it on - pretty simple really.

Peter Mackin, El Marro and Thuggee like this.
  15. breezer

breezer Practically Family

just made a purchase online - bit confused as to when they apply the 20% discount as it isn't showing on the order.

16. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Suspect that’s done when the purchase is processed.

17. BloodEagle

BloodEagle New in Town

I believe the discount is applied when they actually charge the card, it doesnt show at checkout at all according to the website.

18. breezer

breezer Practically Family

yeh I just figured that out, thanks!

19. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Was that the sized 44 J-100?
    The system allowed me to complete the purchase of that one, including entering & processing full payment details.
    I later received an email from Aero informing me that it had already been purchased & that I had actually missed out.
    Oh well, system ‘glitches’ can and do happen.
    Guess I just saved myself some coin on a jacket that I really didn’t need (but wanted)...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  20. BloodEagle

BloodEagle New in Town

No, it wasnt the J-100

dan_t likes this.