Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Open Day: August 17th, 2019

casterfield

One of the Regulars
Uhh... Is Directive 2011/83/EU not a thing in the UK? I mean, you never really know with the UK when it comes to special arrangements with the EU but I'd think it is.

I mean, I understand it's annoying when people order 5 jackets at once and then return them all, but still.. say I am very interested in that Goatskin Dustbowl and order it and then it does not fit, there's no Goatskin Dustbowl in any other size and for the money I won't get a new one made either, so now I can't get the jacket I want nor my money back? That's kind of ridicoulous. Maybe you should set up a one jacket per customer rule instead? @cloudylemonade

Maybe don’t buy it if you’re not sure it’ll fit?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Maybe don’t buy it if you’re not sure it’ll fit?
You can never be sure any item of clothing will fit if you order online and had no chance to try it on, hence going by your logic noone ever should buy clothing online. Your argument therefore makes very little sense. But hello stranger, welcome to the Lounge, may you have a long and pleasant stay! :)

casterfield

One of the Regulars
You can never be sure any item of clothing will fit if you order online and had no chance to try it on, hence going by your logic noone ever should buy clothing online. Your argument therefore makes very little sense. But hello stranger, welcome to the Lounge, may you have a long and pleasant stay! :)

Hello,

Thank you for the warm welcome (truly)! I must say that I do not accept your premise and therefore cannot agree with your conclusion. I’ve purchased many items of clothing online, including jackets—which I recognize are especially costly—all based off of measurements provided. Further, when an item is offered on sale, at a deep discount, I am additionally aware that any risk that the item does not fit is the fault of me, the buyer, not the seller (unless, of course, the seller has misrepresented the item;eg measurements are off).

Anyhow, I suppose we can agree to disagree. Cheers!

SimonR

One of the Regulars
In addition, please note that items sold during this sale will be non-refundable, we can exchange or give credit if there is anything you’d like to return. The reason for this, is during the last sale we had a problem with customers buying up many items and returning most of them which is unfair on other shoppers. We’d love for everyone to find something that would be right for them.

Your own return policy states "Any item ordered from stock, sale pages included can be returned for full refund or credit note"
To me that pretty much covers anything you have on the premises (not inc washed denim)

With regard to the reply that people should know when buying on measurements .... there are 10's, if not 100's, of threads on here where experienced jacket buyers purchase knowing the correct sizes where the jacket still doesn't fit how they expected ...

Psant25

One Too Many
I think no refund on sale items is pretty common if you ask me.

Buying up 5-6 jackets to try them out while planning to return all or maybe keep one is taking advantage if you ask me. Of other potential buyers and the company.

Gav

Practically Family
Wouldn’t mind a waterfront tomorrow. Anyone have a 44 or 46 and have measurements?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think no refund on sale items is pretty common if you ask me.

Buying up 5-6 jackets to try them out while planning to return all or maybe keep one is taking advantage if you ask me. Of other potential buyers and the company.
100% agree. It is very generous of Aero to conduct this online sale and make these jackets available to us at a discount. It seems completely reasonable to me that they set the terms as they see fit.

casterfield

One of the Regulars
Your own return policy states "Any item ordered from stock, sale pages included can be returned for full refund or credit note"
To me that pretty much covers anything you have on the premises (not inc washed denim)

And to them it clearly doesn’t, as they have explicitly stated here.

Mich486

One Too Many
Well there are regulations on how businesses can conduct sales. I strongly disagree that they can do as they see fit if they are having a sale, i.e clearing the left overs/unsold stuff they have hanging around.

At the same time, I’m sure most sellers discussed here know better than most of us what they can and can’t do to stay within the law.

That said who amongst us won’t be using a credit with Aero at some point in the future?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Guys, if you’re not happy, then don’t participate.
Stop having a go at this company who are going out of their way to help loyal customers by offering these great deals.
This just isn’t the type of etiquette appropriate to The Lounge.

I don't see how discussing something we are not happy about is the type of etuiquette not appropriate to the Lounge. The FedoraLounge is a place dedicated to vintage and repro clothing and to discuss makers and their product. Discussing what we like and what we don't. It's always been a two way street, just look at the more recent discussion about Goodwear or the controversy about Bill Kelso or members voicing their concern about the quality about more recent Vanson products. I like much about Aero, I have bought from them for thousands of dollars, I value their product, their customer service and their kindness shown towards many TFL members. What I don't like is this Sale conditions and I am still very curious how this falls into line with distance seller rights I believed to be implented EU-wide by directive 2011/83/EU. And you can disagree with me on this matter, all fine, but trying to shut down a discussion in this fashion because it concerns a maker you favor, implying I am ill-mannered? Very irritating, to say the least.

It's a shame anyway. As I stated in another thread before, there is at least three jackets I was interested in, but under these circumstances I won't take my chances.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A lot of major online retailers have "final sales" with deep discounts with the terms and conditions being no returns even the their usual "sales" do allow returns.

I have to agree with @dan_t if you aren't happy with the conditions of this specific sale, you don't have to take part.....this is a private company offering discounts off their goods with terms and conditions just like every other private company does.

I honestly don't understand the point of getting worked up over something like this, surely you have more important stuff going on in your life?

Hh121

Banned
Aero is my favorite (or least hated) company so far. Having said that, no matter how "nice" they may look like, I don't think they are doing this just for returning favor of loyal customer.

The return policy shows very clearly the purpose of this sale.

Last edited:

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Well, Ive just bagged a CXFQHH Board Racer and I'm very happy with the terms/return policy - if youre not, don't buy anything. If the jacket doesnt work out for me for whatever reason Ill sell it on - pretty simple really.

breezer

Practically Family
just made a purchase online - bit confused as to when they apply the 20% discount as it isn't showing on the order.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
just made a purchase online - bit confused as to when they apply the 20% discount as it isn't showing on the order.

I believe the discount is applied when they actually charge the card, it doesnt show at checkout at all according to the website.

dan_t

Practically Family
Well, Ive just bagged a CXFQHH Board Racer and I'm very happy with the terms/return policy - if youre not, don't buy anything. If the jacket doesnt work out for me for whatever reason Ill sell it on - pretty simple really.
Was that the sized 44 J-100?
The system allowed me to complete the purchase of that one, including entering & processing full payment details.
I later received an email from Aero informing me that it had already been purchased & that I had actually missed out.
Oh well, system ‘glitches’ can and do happen.
Guess I just saved myself some coin on a jacket that I really didn’t need (but wanted)...

Last edited:

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Was that the sized 44 J-100?
The system allowed me to complete the purchase of that one, including entering & processing full payment details.
I then received an email from Aero informing me that it had already been purchased & that I had actually missed out.
Not too happy to be honest with the so called ‘glitch’.
Oh well, guess I just saved myself some coin on a jacket that I really didn’t need (but wanted)...

No, it wasnt the J-100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko