Aero Open Day: August 17th, 2019

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Sloan1874, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Saxman

Saxman New in Town

The other guys were French speaking so I'm guessing from France.
    I stood next to them in the queue before doors opened. Bagged a nice Shackleton waistcoat and RAF wool sweater. Had a great morning

Boyo, Bennarion and Sloan1874 like this.
  2. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

I received the Teamster I ordered from the sale yesterday.. the jacket looks and fits great..I will get a picture up soon..
    I added two hangers to my order but only received one.. I think who ever opened my package in customs made off with the other one..that Rat.

Sloan1874 likes this.
  3. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

I also ordered yesterday but my order still has not left the factory, nor my credit card is charged...
    I would contact aero regarding the hanger, maybe they missed one by mistake?

4. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

that is surely possible, especially with the volume of sales and packaging that must have occurred. Both the packing slip and the invoice say 2 it would be difficult to prove otherwise...

I can imagine the guy in customs hanging his uniform back in his locker on my Aero Hanger..

Psant25 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  5. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

Indeed that sucks, if the invoice says 2 hangers... is this hanger worth the hype?

6. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

It appears to be a well made wooden hanger.. although i feel it could be longer as my jackets are all 48 and have wide shoulders. the wood ends are probably 2-3 inches short of the shoulder seam on the jacket I used it on ( a GW A-2)

Harris HTM likes this.
  7. breezer

breezer Practically Family

Aero should suggest a hanger with every jacket purchase - I've just got my first Aero hanger, but its probably a couple of years too late as my jacket has that dreaded fold / crease from hanging on a regular coat hanger. I did not know this was a thing until it was too late.

sweetfights likes this.
  8. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I tend to keep my seriously heavy ones on the Aero hangers or packed away. Lighter ones seem to be fine with a more standard hanger - I think the bigger you are, the worse the creasing can be. Mind you, I'm currently sitting in the office and my A2 is draped over a file box.

9. breezer

breezer Practically Family

I was talking about my A2, which is light-weight.......

10. Rosecitymike

Rosecitymike Familiar Face

I’m fond of the ones at Kirby Allison’s Hanger Project because you can order the right size for your jacket. Not cheap but very well made

Sloan1874 and Boyo like this.
  11. Skaffeh

Skaffeh New in Town

Still not been cold enough to start breaking in my Mariner, so I thought I'd be safe browsing the sale page. Nope - A Late War Irvin arrived this afternoon...

Dav and handymike like this.
  12. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I love Kirby’s YouTube vids, though he cannot interview for toffee.

Rosecitymike likes this.
  13. Edward

Edward Bartender

You have no idea how jealous I am that you are able to wear a leather of any sort in August.... another tick in the 'Scotland as retirement venue' column. ;)

Peter Mackin and patrick_b like this.
  14. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Had the Wayfarer on today. Weather is definitely beginning to turn a bit - torrential rain for two days and cooler.

Edward likes this.
  15. Rosecitymike

Rosecitymike Familiar Face

Figured I’d put this here rather than start a new thread. A page or so back I mentioned missing out on an Orginal Hercules in cordovan CXL. Well, Denny DMd me and said that there was a second jacket with the same specs that didn’t make it on the page and that if interested he would honor the sale price. I jumped at the chance. Here are some photos—very happy with the fit, come on fall weather so I can break this in! Many thanks to Denny for reaching out and making this happen!

D1D64596-399F-4710-83CF-5184118C5B89.jpeg 3BC64350-582D-4187-B79B-6EA826ED566A.jpeg

16. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Congratulations!

17. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

That’s some good fortune and a really good looking jacket. Bet you are ecstatic!!
    B

18. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

EXCEPTIONAL service, as always.
    Congratulations, it looks perfect.

Psant25 and Guppy like this.
  19. Captain Sensible

Captain Sensible One of the Regulars

My Aero acquisition, after 2 rounds of ScotRain tm treatment;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]