Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO or ALEXANDERS?

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Thomas,
if you look at the "Links" section at the bottom of the Aero website you will see that there are a number of Aero stockists in Germany, check them out and see if there are any near to you.

D

Mickey Bowtie

New in Town
... what size did you choose and what is your "nromal" Standard size?

I chose a size 48" corresponding to my normal european size 58. However I had my measurements taken by a tailor and let the maker take care of the rest.

do you know any Shops around Stuttgart with AERO's or Alexanders on stock?

Unfortunately no, however at the Glemseck 101 event (cafe racer crowd) in September near Leonberg there are usually two or three stalls with Aero Jackets. The only stockist in Stuttgart (Brunnenhannes) has to my knowledge ceased to keep stock.

tonypaj

Practically Family
i also live in the south of Germany .. - what size did you choose and what is your "nromal" Standard size?

do you know any Shops around Stuttgart with AERO's or Alexanders on stock?

Thomas

Why not phone VMC in Zurich and see if they have stock for you to try? About 200 km from Stuttgart. The Swiss Franc is ridiculously high, so buying there might not be a good idea...

http://www.vmcoriginal.com/index.php?id=46

samo

One of the Regulars
Haven't owned an AL, but they seem to be constructed very well. However, I think the Aeros are just a bit more tasteful design wise, and you're supporting good people.

I am convinced that majority of people at AL, Aero or everywhere else are good. At AL they just did not have luck with ex-management bussines practices. I simply do not accept the "coletaral damage" as artisans and all of the supportive stuff are not guilty for the things going wrong.

rofl_zps0f1f7c96.gif~c200
x2

I am convinced that majority of people at AL, Aero or everywhere else are good. At AL they just did not have luck with ex-management bussines practices. I simply do not accept the "coletaral damage" as artisans and all of the supportive stuff are not guilty for the things going wrong.

Are you serious? Have you read the trial narrative and update thread. If you have, don't see how you can come to those conclusions. [huh]
:eusa_doh:

Few other similar jackets for the OP to consider, all of equal quality:

Vanson Enfield
500x1000px-LL-56dae944_LL.jpeg

Schott 689h

Lewis Leathers Dominator

Lewis Leathers Corsair
Corsair_Main.jpg

Johnson's Leather M-200

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
One of the advantages of the LL Corsair and the JL M-200 is that both can be custom ordered, particularly body and sleeve lengths.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I was thinking the same thing earlier as HD is built more or less like a ruler. I previously tried on an Enfield in size 42 awhile back and found it conformed snugly to my stick frame, although the sleeves felt short for me.

VANSON ENFIELD 2.jpg

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
My Vanson also has broad shoulders and slim belly, as has any Vanson I've seen advertised by Thurston Bros. Definitely can't go wrong with a Vanson. They are actually the more functional jackets (based on the two jackets I own and can compare) than both Aero or AL. Aeros FQHH is the more beautiful leather though, at least in my eyes. Also, Aero jackets have their own, charming flair which the Vanson somehow misses.

An ALexander jacket I do not own, but I suppose they are equal in terms of quality, after all they are crafted by ex-Aero staff who certainly didn't lose their skills over night. If you do not care for the legal troubles, they will probably deliver a good product. Your decision, but the Alexander Roadster will always be a rip off and you will know you wear a rip off and not the real deal.. just a thought.

edit: Johnson Leather is a great option, I cannot recommend them enough, if you have a rather unusual body built and difficulties finding jackets that fit, you are probably well adviced contacting them, their custom fitting is excellent.

Last edited:

4444Design

One of the Regulars
Few other similar jackets for the OP to consider, all of equal quality:

Vanson Enfield
500x1000px-LL-56dae944_LL.jpeg

Schott 689h

Lewis Leathers Dominator

Lewis Leathers Corsair
Corsair_Main.jpg

Johnson's Leather M-200

THX for the comparsion respectively pointing towards some alternatives

the Schott 689 as well as the "Johnson Leather" are my favs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24