Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Original Hercules vs. Premier Half-Belt

Lukasz69

New in Town
Folks, I am looking to buy my second Aero (yes, I know - incurable).
The Majestic fits me very well. I could order it in another leather (this time I want CXLFQHH), but I'd prefer something slightly cheaper and just a tad different in details for variety, while very similar to the fit which seems to work for me.
Holly tells me the pattern of the Majestic is very similar to that of the Original Hercules. I am also looking at the Premier half-belt.
My priorities are flat or even hollow back (the Bootlegger, for instance, would not work for me due to its ample back), high armhole and narrow sleeves. The body should be I-shaped rather than V-shaped.
Please advise. No cross-zips, please. Thanks.

No cross-zips, please. Thanks.
I simply can't help you. LOL. In all seriousness the 30's HB is a bit boxy from the chest down so if you don't waist drop from the chest it's not v shaped at all. The original Herc looks to be even more boxy with the false HB and waist level buckles. Both nice and distinct from your majestic. I suspect the 30's HB is slightly more fitted/slim than the OG Herc.

Aero's OG Hercules is not a Premier pattern. If you want the higher armholes and slimmer sleeves, go with the Half-belt.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I found the 30's half belt to be rather slim in a stylish unobstructed way. I normally wear a size 40 in Aero Cafe Racers but found them a little too tight in the chest/upper back. I sized up to 42, in 30's half belt, and found my magic fit in the chest/back with a still slimming profile.

Lukasz69

New in Town
OK, I’ll have to sleep on this.
The Majestic has perfect fitting sleeves and very well (just half a notch less than perfect) fitting body. Holly says it’s practically the same pattern as the OG Hercules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo