Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Pioneer

Edward

Bartender
Thanks guys, its nice to see the evolution of the leather. pipvh - I put this together as a short spring autumn jacket, I think personally, longer jackets are more suitable to winter to primarily cover your ass, but when the wind chill is above a reasonable figure length its largely unnecessary, for me. Not only functional for riding bikes I also think the shorter jacket gives a leaner look and is more flattering, but again this is all purely subjective.

Unless it's taking hte place of an overcoat that I'll want to be wearing a suit underneath, I much prefer a shorter length in a leather myself.

pipvh

Practically Family
I'm with you on that. In this case I'd like to replace a particular (now retired) long-ish jacket in my wardrobe, and it's tricky, because that sort of length - 29" 30" - can look very naff-70s if not done exactly right.

simonc

Practically Family
Hey boys - I've been stupid busy on other things but I'm back and I'm planning on making some jackets! Here I am today heading out with the modded Pioneer. The trousers are Big B Dungarees - part of a Kickstarter that I will be doing next week or soon after. It will be a full denim ranging from denim from Pioneer to Punk. I'll let you fellas know when it drops.
Cheers. Simon.

Taqmjyq.jpg

Lc97E79l.jpg

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Simonc:

Glasses, tie, and jacket....a very nice balance. The button jackets are truly versatile. Dungarees, any chance of extra long inseams, and higher rises?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Simon, appears the modified Pioneer is breaking in nicely. I am definitely onboard with Dr. Seuss's comment abour higher rise dungarees as he has the same anatomical issue that I have with long legs (and long arms) that is better served with higher rise jeans along with longer than usual inseam length.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Would be great if you were doing something that could rival/beat Freddies of Pinewood and and cater for people whose waists are under 32" - which FoP, for some reason, don't.

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Simon, appears the modified Pioneer is breaking in nicely. I am definitely onboard with Dr. Seuss's comment abour higher rise dungarees as he has the same anatomical issue that I have with long legs (and long arms) that is better served with higher rise jeans along with longer than usual inseam length.

Amen!

simonc

Practically Family
Hi Craig all waists start at 28 and all legs are 36" - average rise for a 36" waist is 17" in the back which is as high as it gets, and we will chain stitch the leg to your size, here is a sneak peek of what's coming to you in a few days http://imgur.com/a/J87rB which pic do you like best?

wdw

One Too Many
I have a Wool HB (which I believe is the same cut as the Pioneer) and DB. The DB is slimmer, with narrower shoulders and has a dip at the front which actually just makes it look even all round, rather than having the front look higher.

I prefer the DB.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Great, I've always liked the Pioneer, since they did the Kudo run. The front of the DB looked very similar.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Great stuff, Simon. The Yard Boss jeans and jacket catch my eye in particular, but I also like the dungarees. What sort of denim weight are you going to be using?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24