Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premier 1930s Highwayman

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Received my PHWM in seal goatskin size 40 tapered to 38. It’s still a little boxy but overall I really like this jacket. I wish the shoulders, chest, and hem were a little wider and arms and length a little longer. It’s definitely a little tight in the shoulders but is a t-shirt only jacket hence why I lined the body and arms in moleskin. Do you guys think it looks to small on me?

I really want a purchase a board racer but am afraid that the shoulders will be too narrow kind of like the premier line. I’m thinking a cafe racer would fit my body type better but I like the slim high arm holes of a BR better. I don’t want the CR to look too bulky in the upper part of the jacket. View attachment 466972 View attachment 466973 View attachment 466974 View attachment 466975
Top. Congratulations

Dbrn

One of the Regulars
Received my PHWM in seal goatskin size 40 tapered to 38. It’s still a little boxy but overall I really like this jacket. I wish the shoulders, chest, and hem were a little wider and arms and length a little longer. It’s definitely a little tight in the shoulders but is a t-shirt only jacket hence why I lined the body and arms in moleskin. Do you guys think it looks to small on me?

I really want a purchase a board racer but am afraid that the shoulders will be too narrow kind of like the premier line. I’m thinking a cafe racer would fit my body type better but I like the slim high arm holes of a BR better. I don’t want the CR to look too bulky in the upper part of the jacket. View attachment 466972 View attachment 466973 View attachment 466974 View attachment 466975

Nope, looks awesome! Hope you enjoy it!

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Nailed it!

Yours and Mr Propers PHWYMan knocked it out of the park. Congrats!

Does the PHWYMan have straight or curved sleeves? I am asking because I am on the fence about getting a PHwayman. I have the BR and the regular HMan and both has the curved

Thanks! Similar to the Board Racer then. Original HWYMan was also curved slightly. I need added length in these.
The Board Racer has definate curved sleeves by its design (our most curved sleeve) but I wouldn't say the Highwayman has overly curved sleeves ? If so then all our sleeves are curved. Not sure why you would want straight sleeves, your arms are rarely held straight and usually in a relaxed curve?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The Board Racer has definate curved sleeves by its design (our most curved sleeve) but I wouldn't say the Highwayman has overly curved sleeves ? If so then all our sleeves are curved. Not sure why you would want straight sleeves, your arms are rarely held straight and usually in a relaxed curve?
I like the sleeves on the 30s HB pattern the best. Not that the other ones don't do.

These sleeves are my favorite type/size. Not too slim not too chubby. Hits the spot right on for me. I see they are a bit of curve yes.
IMG_0448.jpg

I want to take advantage of the 1.1mm CXL FQHH, just can't quite decide between Dustbowl or P-HWYMan. Totally different design I know. But I would wear them the same more or less. Will be contacting you shortly. Thanks.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
^^ I just don’t know how it could get any better than that! Good call on the wild card option, they chose a great looking tartan. Welcome to the squeak, it’ll get better with weather and time. Congrats

Spiney

One of the Regulars

Pandemic

One Too Many

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Just arrived and fresh out of the box.
I had chosen only Badalassi in black, Loch Carron Tartan wild card and universal zippers. I left the rest to Julie.
I think the jacket turned out great.
However, I now know what is meant by squeaky too lol.

View attachment 475039 View attachment 475040 View attachment 475041 View attachment 475042 View attachment 475043 View attachment 475044 View attachment 475045 View attachment 475046

Perfect fit, as usual! Great specs as well; The Badalassi hide will only look better with break-in and will drape much faster than the CXL leather. The sqeak never seems to go away...:)

Nerd-question re the waistband: did they tweak the design here? I thought the PHWM had less of a "triangle-shape" near the zipper (unlike the Orig. Herc.). Whatever the case: Looks great as it is!

MrProper

Thank you :)
Nerd-question re the waistband: did they tweak the design here? I thought the PHWM had less of a "triangle-shape" near the zipper (unlike the Orig. Herc.). Whatever the case: Looks great as it is!

Do you mean the front drop? I had it enlarged by 0.5". So I can stay shorter in the back and the belt is still covered in the front.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
The Tartan is "Campbell of Cawdor Weathered" which happens to be my family tartan (the Calder name is part of Campbell of Cawdor clan)

Jacket looks great by the way.
You also have a unique side buckle set up. (Buckles that we are going to be using for a Japanese contract)

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

MrProper

The Tartan is "Campbell of Cawdor Weathered" which happens to be my family tartan (the Calder name is part of Campbell of Cawdor clan)

Jacket looks great by the way.
You also have a unique side buckle set up. (Buckles that we are going to be using for a Japanese contract)
Tartan is great, buckles are great, I am completely satisfied.
Thank you very much for this.

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Just arrived and fresh out of the box.
I had chosen only Badalassi in black, Loch Carron Tartan wild card and universal zippers. I left the rest to Julie.
I think the jacket turned out great.
However, I now know what is meant by squeaky too lol.

View attachment 475039 View attachment 475040 View attachment 475041 View attachment 475042 View attachment 475043 View attachment 475044 View attachment 475045 View attachment 475046
Nailed it to the ground! It seems you fixed the Aero pattern and this jacket reminds me very much of SB’s tail gunner, only the Aero is cooler. I wish I had been more insistent on the drop waist when I ordered my PHWM.
Mine looked like a beetles back
5962B383-B8E7-473D-BA09-C802F35E0018.jpeg

But I see from your photos the jacket looks more like the SB tailgunner, with all that taper:
1ED61020-A98C-44B6-993D-5B10684B0F90.jpeg

All that to say, well done! Aero should use your spec and update the pattern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner