Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premier 1930s Highwayman

That looks 2 sizes large Sloan. You are a 36, right? So does the new version follow similar sizing to the original HWYMN?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sleeves a lot slimmer, though way too long for me on both, and overall a less boxy fit from previous HWMs I've tried on. The russet was actually a better fit than it looks - I hadn't pulled the cinch straps tight on it. The black was a 38 and, again, is a better fit than it looks, but the stiffness of the leather means it just isn't draping at the moment. Should add that the black steer is stunning, like boiled liquorice!

rmconner80

Familiar Face
Wow, looks very nice. I just got my order in for one of these in HH, size 38 no less, now I'm going to get impatient. Thanks for the photos!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think you have to go with your actual size on this style. I think a 36 would be just the ticket. It's not a style I'd previously considered - I'm slim, and the HWM is a more boxy style - but this certainly is an attractive option.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Sleeves a lot slimmer, though way too long for me on both, and overall a less boxy fit from previous HWMs I've tried on. The russet was actually a better fit than it looks - I hadn't pulled the cinch straps tight on it. The black was a 38 and, again, is a better fit than it looks, but the stiffness of the leather means it just isn't draping at the moment. Should add that the black steer is stunning, like boiled liquorice!

Thank you for the photos, I though the fit was pretty close on both, just a little tweaking needed. Love the look of that black steer! I'm awaiting a Cafe in that skin and am glad to see how beautiful it looks.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Girlfriend was seriously taken with the black steer - she was getting some measurements for her own Cafe Racer, but she's going with the brown battered steer, which has a bit more drape. Oh, and while I'm here, I saw this new little temptation from Aero: Horween wallets:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought the new slimmer fits might be too slim, but that looks perfectly comfortable, espeicially considering the jumper you're wearing. Not "sausagey" at all.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Girlfriend was seriously taken with the black steer - she was getting some measurements for her own Cafe Racer, but she's going with the brown battered steer, which has a bit more drape. Oh, and while I'm here, I saw this new little temptation from Aero: Horween wallets:

Good for her, battered steer will look fantastic on a racer.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars

The black jacket is actually Horse hide . It is Horween Chromexcel dyed through , it is black on a black crust , where as regular Chromexcel is a natural colour crust . This leather is very black . It was a sample skin we had .

wdw

One Too Many
Helpful pics, Craig.

On a similar vein, I got my premier 20s Work Coat today and it's certainly slim compared to my Stockman or Teamster. I'll stick up fit pics tomorrow.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I thought the new slimmer fits might be too slim, but that looks perfectly comfortable, espeicially considering the jumper you're wearing. Not "sausagey" at all.

Tropicalbob, I've been trying to respond to your PMs but I think your mailbox might be full.

NavyDoc

Familiar Face
mendelboaz - I think that fits just about perfectly! Very sharp, and I like the idea of tapering down a size at the bottom. Well done.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Thank you, sir! The jacket is looking better and better each day. The fit is very nice-- it's loose and relaxed, well suited for layering, but it doesn't look too big. Best thing is it's nice and snug in the shoulders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner