Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premier 1930s Highwayman

wdw

One Too Many
I can't help but feel that coming down 2 sizes in a HWM turns it into a different jacket. Maybe if someone wants something that tight, another style would look better. And maybe the new premier version is the answer.

The jacket is gone, but here is an idea of sizing:
the 34 was 21.5" pit to pit, 18" shoulders, 24.5" down the back, 24.5" sleeves.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Would you gentlemen care to post some pictures of you in your HWM sized down 2 sizes? I wear a 38 in most of my jackets and with a 38 in my HWM and I think it looks fine. Wonder how it fits when sizing down 2 sizes.

I sized down one size to a 38 when I purchased mine through Insurrection. Although at the time people generally remarked the jacket fit well, it really was at least one size too big. When I looked at it from the side, it looked like a poncho. Sure, the jacket's a boxy design, but going down two sizes would have been the right thing to do. Like some people, I couldn't fathom going down more than one size. It just seemed so strange. But Carrie and Wade were right. I'd definitely size down two for a fit where you'd still have some layering room, and three for a snug fit.
Idk Mendel, did you get anything thicker than cotton drill in yours? Maybe that would take some space up.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I found a side shot of my size 38. You can see I could have used going down a size. But god was it a nice jacket. I'm having withdrawals.
image.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
You're right Nick! One down would've been just right.

It wasn't easy to part with. But my advice to anyone is to really listen to Carrie and Wade. I thought I knew better at the time. Though I can understand anyone's hesitation with going down 2-3 sizes.

Last edited:
Nick, better to have moved it with fond memories than stare at it in the closet and never wear it knowing the sizing is off. I've been there....but not any more :)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nick, better to have moved it with fond memories than stare at it in the closet and never wear it knowing the sizing is off. I've been there....but not any more :)

Well, here's a testament to their accommodation...and in turn, to my stupidity.

I sent it back to them for a partial refund when it would have sold, but then had them ship it BACK to me! When I finally decided to let it go forever, I just put it up here. I'm pretty sure I caused them enough grief already. I can say with certainty that I was one of those naggy annoying customers! They kept their professionalism the entire time, which should be mentioned.

The thing is, you spend a lot of money on one of these and wait quite a while, and you want to force yourself to believe it fits or that you'll be happy with it. The best thing to do, if you're unhappy with it in any way,is to get rid of it and don't look back. Like a girlfriend. There's always a new one around the corner; heartbreak is fleeting.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
I hear you, Nick. I quickly started having doubts about my Irvin being a bit too neat, and tried to convince myself it fitted ok. After a few weeks and only one short wear I gave up on it, took a hit and am now at the back of the queue for a new bigger one.

As people say, any doubts at all, you might as well get rid of it, as it'll never feel right. The Insurrection fit jacket is the way to go, but don't rush it.

wdw

One Too Many
zhz, I more often order online after asking dimensions, as Aero don't open weekends and I don't often get the opportunity to visit, and I still get it wrong occasionally.

I've been down many times, most recently two weeks ago, where I confirmed the correct sizes for my new Irvin and Work Coat, so I don't expect problems with them.

I'd highly recommend a visit for anyone in the UK, as the emotional hassle of getting a wrong fit far outweighs the cost and time of getting there. And of course you get to see so many great jackets and even meet the people who'll make yours.

zhz

Practically Family
zhz, I more often order online after asking dimensions, as Aero don't open weekends and I don't often get the opportunity to visit, and I still get it wrong occasionally.

I've been down many times, most recently two weeks ago, where I confirmed the correct sizes for my new Irvin and Work Coat, so I don't expect problems with them.

I'd highly recommend a visit for anyone in the UK, as the emotional hassle of getting a wrong fit far outweighs the cost and time of getting there. And of course you get to see so many great jackets and even meet the people who'll make yours.

yes, I agree. I am planning a visit to Scotland later this year or early next year, and of course a visit to Aero

Cooperson

One Too Many
yes, I agree. I am planning a visit to Scotland later this year or early next year, and of course a visit to Aero

Ask for a tour of the factory while you're there, the show room is impressive enough but seeing the jackets being cut out and made is where it's at :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk