Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premier Highwayman midnight blue CXL

Wow!! I am once again left speechless by Aero’s ability to totally surpass all my expectations and nail a jacket so incredibly down to the ground perfect. As much as I hate to bore the forum with another blue jacket thread I think this one bears reading for a larger or more athletic built guy looking to go with a premier pattern.

I was a bit scared on this order b/c it’s a totally unfamiliar pattern and I chose to order direct. Denny, as usual was great to work with. Originally I was going to drop the waist to a 42” but he cautioned me against that and we settled with a lesser 1” drop. Great call as a full drop would’ve been too much.

I’m 5’11 210lbs (little fat post vacation) and spec’d a size 44”, 1” waist drop, 26.5” back, 26.75” sleeve. Nickel hardware, OD liner and stitch. Board racer sleeves, hookless (scary!) zip and slight chest pocket angle increase. While the premier pattern is certainly more trim it doesn’t strike me as overly so. The jacket still allows a nice range of motion, without gussets or a full AB. The collar is love. It’s hands down my favorite part. I love the back yoke too. I know it’s supposed to be a 30’s jacket but in this blue and config’d this way...I’m the baddest undercover weed cop in this town.

Here are some jacket pics. I won’t post my usual garbage fit pics. I’m giving this puppy a full blown photo shoot with props. It deserves it. It’s 107 in Chicago today and set to stay that way for a couple days. So fit pics will have to wait. I will say it’s the best fitting jacket, Aero or otherwise, I’ve ever owned. Bottom line is you don’t need to be rail thin or narrow shouldered for the premier pattern. Thanks to Denny and a special thanks to Julie Leitch, who never ceases to amaze me with her unbelievable mastery of this craft. She is the first Jedi. No doubt about it!
6A3DD3A1-7CDC-4916-9EE9-D3D82395C312.jpeg
7CA726BD-BD86-454E-8856-2A604422318C.jpeg

DF82BBAA-CD1F-4387-ADF1-C9359BE6F210.jpeg

B965BCBB-C4B0-40A6-B509-2D90FFDC72B1.jpeg

EB986393-BDC2-4C4E-B066-1C9BC7DA4073.jpeg

1398982E-2440-4EF4-9C93-094800D0AFBF.jpeg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
That is an incredibly nice jacket! I love everything about it but I agree the collar is especially amazing. Can’t wait to see fit pics!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Psant25

One Too Many
Wow I love that looks amazing! Looking forward to fit pics. That leather is beautiful and I love how you spec’d it. I am surprised the premier pattern size 44 fits so well. I guess I also thought my IH trucker would not fit you and that fit great. Happy for you! Shall I ask if this is a keeper? Lol

Wow I love that looks amazing! Looking forward to fit pics. That leather is beautiful and I love how you spec’d it. I am surprised the premier pattern size 44 fits so well. I guess I also thought my IH trucker would not fit you and that fit great. Happy for you! Shall I ask if this is a keeper? Lol
Perfect transition piece from the IH! That was my goal. Something that will go electric blue and go deeper into colder weather.

ai00344

One of the Regulars
If I didn’t know better I would swear that was black. Love the board racer sleeves a very nice touch!

If I didn’t know better I would swear that was black. Love the board racer sleeves a very nice touch!
Yeah I’ll have to get better pics. It’s certainly blue but the flat light isn’t showing it to well. I’d love to take it outside in full sun today but I’d certainly die.

Last edited:

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hit the jackpot!
Homerun!
Total knockout!
Won the lottery!
Lifetime jacket!
The smell, the color, the texture, the style.............
Congratulations.
Will there ever be midnight blue CXL like this again?
Glad you did not take any chances.

Mich486

One Too Many
One of the best looking Aero’s patterns. Nice one Ton ;)

I found that I had to be very careful with the hookless I had on my grizzly (i broke it after only a few wears and Aero were extremely nice to send me a replacement free of charge with instructions on how to fit it) but after the jacket started to break in the zipper had become progressively easier to engage so much so that in the end it felt almost like a normal one.

I also find that the Waldes repro are easier from the start to engage and also to unzip compared to the Hookless branded that Aero uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetfights

The key, according to Ken, is to start nice and easy with the hookless. Treat them right from the beginning I suppose.
He seems to really like them and believes them to be reliable.

I haven’t attempted to zip it yet and won’t until it softens up. My gut said to just go with the talon but the hookless just looks so cool and “should” be more stable due to the tapeless male pin. But yeah, I’m scared to even attempt it right now. LOL.
Would love to know shoulder to shoulder measure for this badass jacket.
19” is standard on the 44” and mine measures 19.5” which is right in my sweet spot for a trim fit.

sweetfights

I haven’t attempted to zip it yet and won’t until it softens up. My gut said to just go with the talon but the hookless just looks so cool and “should” be more stable due to the tapeless male pin. But yeah, I’m scared to even attempt it right now. LOL.

19” is standard on the 44” and mine measures 19.5” which is right in my sweet spot for a trim fit.

Well done. You made this premier style work. Fantastic!!!!!!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Here’s a crumby fit pic. I really don’t want to spoil this beautiful thing but man. I’m as geeked as I think one can be over this jacket. I spent many sleepless nights worrying about the premier pattern.
View attachment 177451

Spectacular jacket! Congratulations to you, very happy it turned out so well for you! Fit looks great from what I can tell from this picture. I really like the ever so slight front dip the Premier HWM has.. because that's the one thing that always bothers me about my Standard HWM.. that it fits fine in the back but could be a tad longer in the front. No such problem with the Premier pattern! Again, congratulations!

ai00344

One of the Regulars
Yeah I’ll have to get better pics. It’s certainly blue but the flat light isn’t sowing it to well. I’d love to take it outside in full sun today but I’d certainly die.
That’s not meant to be a knock at all, in fact I love it. Blue so dark it can be mistaken for black until exposed to direct sunlight is a rare and beautiful thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB