Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premier Highwayman (or similar) CXL with sheepskin lining

JacketFit08

New in Town
Hi All - Looking for advice here...

I know it seems a bit out there but hear me out...

I'm considering a custom Aero Premier Highwayman in brown CXL steerhide with a sheepskin lining. Something to wear when its cold but still feels like leather. The prewar jackets are nice and yes, a good option but - I don't get the heavy leather feeling from the seal. The CXL gives a different look and a bit more weight to the jacket.

Has anyone done a custom order with a thicker/heavier leather with a sheepskin lining? How did it go? Do you recommend?

Would love to know what you all think - thanks!

Happy leather jacket wearing guys!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
There is this recent thread on the Thunderbay jacket which is sort of a Highwayman with a belt and lined with Shearling.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I once had a Sheene in FQHH and heavy shearling for lining.
I wouldn't order it that way again. CXL is too stiff in cold, cold bridge in front at zipper, too tight.
The PWHM is not suitable for a shearling lining in my opinion, because slimfit.
I can assure you that a prewar shearling does not feel light at all and wears much better.

Attachments

• D332EC4B-C3E4-4BCE-ABFE-E2ED2E0792D2.jpeg
    D332EC4B-C3E4-4BCE-ABFE-E2ED2E0792D2.jpeg
    636.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 1288E1D2-E396-4463-BF7D-B03892918CF0.jpeg
    1288E1D2-E396-4463-BF7D-B03892918CF0.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 93

Al 916

One Too Many
Classic Highwayman not Premeir cut. Shearling is available in the classic but not the premier as the fit doesn't make it suitable.

Good info thanks (makes sense).

I guessed the shearling to take maybe an inch off the external measurements?

Al 916

One Too Many
Sorry Chaps, missspeedread the OP thinking he was looking for a Shearling Highwayman (knew I had seen one for sale)

JacketFit08

New in Town
Hi All - you have given me what I need. Thank you! It seems the premier cuts are too slim for shearling and not the right thing to go for. I'll keep working on this for the moment.

Appreciate it gents!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
When Hide & Seek puts in his sage advice - that's something you can bank on!

Even the Quilted lining could give you quite a bit of warmth in a standard fit Highwayman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui