Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premier Highwayman Seal Vincenza HH

pawineguy

One Too Many
I bought this one from stock, so it was not MTO for me, but the dimensions looked good and I am happy with the fit. The Premier patterned HWM has higher armholes, slimmer arms in general, and is really an entirely new jacket from the standard HWM. According to Aero, they wanted it to look like a "new" jacket from 1931. I know that the collar has been controversial, but to my eye it's fine and looks good.

The Seal Vincenza on this jacket is very fine grained and more supple than my Russet Vincenza Sheene. The grain is starting to come out more in areas where it's flexing but I don't think it will ever be as deep as on the Sheene. The hardware is all nickel and it's a lightweight wool liner. The cuff sleeves are easy to pull on without being too big, imo. Stitching is OD. The waist has plenty of room to let out with the cinchers, so I can play around with that and let it out more when I am layering under the jacket.

IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Nice jacket. It's a really clever design, IMO - taking the standard HWM, which started on paper with a British 50s design that Ken then redrafted to look more like a 50s American jacket - and redrafting it to pass as a thirties style. I like the chain-pull on the breast pocket, nice period touch. The Vicenza is lovely stuff: I pan to have a jacket made from it at some point.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Chris that looks like a MTO to me and looks great on you. Another home run for the PA batter. :thumb: Jeans look good too.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Chris that looks like a MTO to me and looks great on you. Another home run for the PA batter. :thumb: Jeans look good too.

I snuck this one in while you were on the plane. While it's not MTO, the dimensions are exactly what I would have specified so even if I had gone that route it would be the same jacket.

Looking forward to some pictures of your new acquisition.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I snuck this one in while you were on the plane. While it's not MTO, the dimensions are exactly what I would have specified so even if I had gone that route it would be the same jacket.

Looking forward to some pictures of your new acquisition.

I'm still trying to acclimate from 6-7 time zone changes but will post soon. ;) I can't recall seeing anything nicer than your new Premier HWM though

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Nice to finally see some real pictures of this model. I have been eye'ing i since it was released and it looks just as great as I imagined. The front is perfect, fit and design wise, the jacket really looks great on you. If being honest about the back, I am no fan of this new yoke, the proportions seem off to me, I like the yoke on the normal HWM better, but hey, that's a very specific question of taste and the jacket is phenomenal either way! (y)

pawineguy

One Too Many
Nice to finally see some real pictures of this model. I have been eye'ing i since it was released and it looks just as great as I imagined. The front is perfect, fit and design wise, the jacket really looks great on you. If being honest about the back, I am no fan of this new yoke, the proportions seem off to me, I like the yoke on the normal HWM better, but hey, that's a very specific question of taste and the jacket is phenomenal either way! (y)

I agree with you about the back yoke. Although I like it, to me it's a more distinctive feature than the collar, and I can see that it won't be liked by some.

Last edited:

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Fantastic jacket and good fit.

Congrats, wear it in good health!

I love the back it's the same as my modified Sheene (I wanted the higher armholes to eliminate the batwing effect).

Last edited:
It looks absolutely perfect on you, Chris! Length and sleeves are spot on, and in all honestly, I would not have noticed there's anything special about the collar, had there not been so much talk about it recently. The back yoke, however, did caught my eye. It's kind of... exaggerated, though I can't say I don't like it. It's interesting and fun!

The only thing I noticed about the premier range I'm not that crazy about is the shoulders width. They've really trimmed them down. Is the jacket comfortable in the shoulders?

technovox

One Too Many
Beautiful looking jacket- well done. Love that Vicenza hide! And I’m liking the collar- even more so than the standard Aero Collar.
I’ve always admired the traditional Highwayman, but was leery of the loose fitting style for my body type. But now that there is an option for a tighter fit HWM version, I’m getting very close to pulling the trigger. There seems to be very little real world info on the Premier HWM so I’m glad someone has posted some pics and their observations.
Did you get the same size as your Aero Sheene?
And how does the fit compare to your Aero Sheene? Tighter? Looser?
Anything you would change on this one?

Last edited:

dan_t

Practically Family
Great new acquisition Chris!
I agree that the back yoke design is a defining feature, very much like the collar.
That aside, I think this one looks great on you. I was going to say that after a year or so it will form around you and look even better, but do you actually hang on to them for that long? :wink:

bbq

Familiar Face
Beautiful jacket, great fit. Some of the best Vincenza hides I've seen on this forum. I'm fine with the back yoke and collar. It's very distinctive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner