Aero Premier Sea Biscuit, Battered Tan Horse Hide, size 40

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by borisna, Apr 18, 2020.

1. borisna

borisna One of the Regulars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AeroFan_07 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  2. Kunja

Kunja One of the Regulars

Thank you!

3. ericsanpablo31

ericsanpablo31 Familiar Face

Just curious - have you ever physically measured your shoulders? How does that correlate to your ideal 19.5" fit with leather jackets?

4. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

Awesome, very unique jacket here. Too small for me shoulders & Pit to pit but such a stunning look to it and nice pattern as well. When this breaks in it will be even cooler! GLWS :)

5. borisna

19D1E9BC-36B0-4110-A603-54FF44B75B86.jpeg DB7BDDD8-2469-4A1F-8B93-6870A5ACC7B8.jpeg D66189F3-6910-45FF-A4ED-DE12AA601D02.jpeg Some fit pics

6. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sorry, i just noticed now that you had asked that question.
    I have measured my shoulders, probably not correctly, but there is 19" from seam to seam on this rashguard (when worn) and the seam happen to line up perfectly with the top of my scapula.
    I guess the 0.5" extra accounts for clothing thickness, but with 19.5" the seams usually line up perfectly.

[​IMG]

With 18.5" shoulders i get that look, you can see the upper side of the shoulders are tight, it's not the most comfortable to move around in but it's not horrible either.

[​IMG]

With 20.5" shoulders, i get that look, IMO a bit of shoulder droop but not enough to look bad. Definitely looks different. No visible tightness in upper shoulders.

[​IMG]

Around 19.5" the shoulders usually look square and there is no upper shoulder bulge, to me it looks the best.

[​IMG]

These jackets have almost identical pit to pit measurements (respectively 22", 22.5" and 22.5"). To me they are all wearable but 19-19.5 just feels right. 18.5" feels tight but doable, 20.5" feels like it hangs off a little, not really a problem but not great. It's a subtle difference, but i see it and feel it.
    But you definitely have leeway as far as "optimal measurement" goes. The idea that you can only wear jackets with a specific shoulder measurement isn't correct.

(sorry for the derail)

7. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

borisna - golly those fit photos make it look near perfect on you. Hwoever I get it if the shouders are too pinched, you just won't wear it. It's where I am with a 5 year old Aero I picked up new at Thurston's and in pre-lifting days. It fit well then, less so now and since the proportions have changed, it's causing me to think about giving up a jacket that really has been great.

borisna likes this.
  8. marker2037

marker2037 One of the Regulars

Gorgeous jacket here! Someone will jump on this and make them very happy. I would if A) I hadn't already just purchased an August in the same battered tan and B) if it was bigger in the shoulders and chest by an inch or so, basically one size up.

Good luck with the sale!

9. NZJono

NZJono Familiar Face

Lovely jacket, unfortunately the shoulder width a bit too narrow for me. I imagine it’s a bit easier to wear unzipped though?. obviously if too tight zipped then a bit limiting.

borisna likes this.
  10. borisna

BUMP

11. Vince in Philly

Vince in Philly Familiar Face

12. borisna

The jacket is 4.5 lbs, and its 750 USD shipped

13. borisna

Price drop to 700 USD (net to me) shipped!

14. Papalaka

Papalaka New in Town

Carlos, what are the 3 jackets in the pics you posted?

15. borisna

BUMP

16. borisna

Gents, unless someone from the lounge buys this jacket, it will be returned to Aero in 2 weeks time when they reopen, and will be back on their sale's page for 680 pounds (~900 USD)+ shipping + customs.
    Price for the lounge is only 700 USD (net to me) shipped.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  17. marker2037

marker2037 One of the Regulars

Can't believe this hasn't sold yet. It's a gorgeous jacket.

18. borisna

Thank you Sir.
    It will be a shame if someone buys it when it is back on Aero's website, for more money than it is now here :(

19. borisna

Bump

20. borisna

Gents, last chance to get this, Aero will be fully reopened from July 6, and the jacket will go back to Scotland.