Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Shackleton Explored

NZJono

One of the Regulars
My Shackleton vest gets a lot of wears, more than jackets. I hope Aero runs another sale soon like they did last year. Fingers crossed.
I’ve just put an order in for a Shackleton in the new chocolate suede. I think it should look great. They look pretty smart and are probably more versatile than a jacket especially in the spring and autumn here.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
I also get a lot of use out of mine - I went for a full leather version, minus the back strap - in tobacco badalassi…works v well with a Henley, t-shirt etc - also I wear it over my A1 occasionally too - very versatile and the pockets are v handy. Will order another in goatskin soon…..

Attachments

• IMG_1329.jpeg
    IMG_1329.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1330.jpeg
    IMG_1330.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114

Edward

Bartender
Nice to see some full leather ones. I've wanted one for a long time, but I'd been holding off until I lost weight - which I now have. I think I want to get up there and try one on first - though I might also have a nosey into Bolt London (an Aero stockist near home) and see if they have any to hand....

The goat is my inclination as an ideal hide for an all-leather. I do like the look of the wool, but I also fear moths....

Another option I've thought about - though not yet been in the position of asking Aero about - is whether drill cotton would be an option for the back. I already have a mixed leather and cotton mc type vest in black, so my intended black Shackleton will be all leather, but if drill is an option for the back, I might look at that for a brown one. The aim here being to have something I can wear like a vest over a shirt on days when it's too hot for a leather jacket, rather than a jerkin/bodywarmer type arrangement.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I’ve just put an order in for a Shackleton in the new chocolate suede. I think it should look great. They look pretty smart and are probably more versatile than a jacket especially in the spring and autumn here.
Suede is really nice option. If they had that offering before I'd do it too. The makers keep coming out with new leathers that's how they get us...

Nice to see some full leather ones. I've wanted one for a long time, but I'd been holding off until I lost weight - which I now have. I think I want to get up there and try one on first - though I might also have a nosey into Bolt London (an Aero stockist near home) and see if they have any to hand....

The goat is my inclination as an ideal hide for an all-leather. I do like the look of the wool, but I also fear moths....

Another option I've thought about - though not yet been in the position of asking Aero about - is whether drill cotton would be an option for the back. I already have a mixed leather and cotton mc type vest in black, so my intended black Shackleton will be all leather, but if drill is an option for the back, I might look at that for a brown one. The aim here being to have something I can wear like a vest over a shirt on days when it's too hot for a leather jacket, rather than a jerkin/bodywarmer type arrangement.
I wear mine as a vest / mid layer, under my jacket, with a tie on a few occasions. If I could redo mine I would get cotton sateen back so it doesn't grab onto the jacket. Depending how warm you want to go can do regular cotton liner or moleskin if wool is not an option due to moths.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Blacken brown with footballs are nice combination. Shackletons usually go quick on the sale page. Quite the deal right now with the discount. It is expensive for a vest but cost per wear is worth it. I find myself wearing my Shackletons a lot in the winter as a mid layer. If you are a vest guy now would be a good time.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Interesting.

I went black, black..back on blackened brown.
Should be ready in a week or two.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Blacken brown vicenza would also be my choice over the regular black vicenza. Mine doesn't turn brown right away, just a warmer black.

What is a verb if not also a noun...

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I also ordered a full leather version on the first day of the sale (along with a Barnstormer :) ).
Having the classic version (wool back) I decided to give the leather back a try.
I ordered the soft grain steerhide, I think they don't have it in stock as my order status is "on hold - awaiting materials" for a couple of weeks now.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I've been wanting to get back to a Barnstormer reboot myself. I've kept going back to this Neta coat. The sale was too short, before I can made up my mind it has passed...
View attachment 533646
I own the shawl collar shearling version of the barnstormer and also its' twin brother, the Mariner. I love their longer coats. I order this barnstormer in russet vicenza and moleskin lining.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@Canuck Panda
Very cool coat! Someone selling it in DE size 40/42 for 600eu by the way:
https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anze...lstueck-battered-horshide/2430968085-160-1112
Thank you!

Yeah I've been looking at these aviator coats. The Aero Neta coat was a one off I think and that list jacket is the one off.

I think it's a longer version of this one:
Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Warehouse did the shorter repro
Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

These early aviator coats were very cool. That Neta jacket is a good deal. Very tempted...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy