Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO Sheene...another Thurston Bros. Success Story!!!

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Hello fellow loungers,

A couple of months ago (Feb 2nd, 2015) I ordered an AERO Sheene custom jacket from Thurston Bros. in Seattle, WA. It came in the mail today (UPS). As I opened the exceedingly heavy box I began to smell the fresh, unadulterated leather exuding from the package. When I pulled the jacket out I started to smell the glorious freshly-tanned FQHH that the jacket had been constructed from. I had also asked for a dark grainy FQHH, and this is exactly what I received.

The fit is exceptional (and I had chose not to partake in the 'fit jacket' process because I had previous experience with an Aero Cafe Racer).

Requested measurements were as follows:

Length (bottom of collar in back to bottom of jacket): 28.25"
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 20"
Sleeve length: 27"

Delivered measurements were:
Length (bottom of collar in back to bottom of jacket): 28.25"
Shoulder sean to shoulder seam: 20"
Sleeve length: 26.5"

So one can easily see that my jacket was almost spot-on.

I will get fit pictures up later this evening, but I wanted to let everyone know that my experience was exceptional.

Thank you to Carrie @ Insurrection/Thurston Bros. for a painless process that yielded almost perfect results. Now for the break in. This should be fun. Can we go back to winter?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
No... we can NOT go back to winter!!!!! You'll just have to wait till NEXT fall. LOL! Thanks for the word, can't wait for the pics... congrats.

Worf

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I can't wait to see those photos, I'm interested in getting an Aero Sheene in Vincenza. I think it's a really cool jacket.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Here are a few poor quality fit photos. The goal is to get some more (and better ones) this fall. These were taken by my young daughter. IMG_7005.jpg IMG_7006.jpg IMG_7007 2.jpg IMG_7008 3.jpg IMG_7012 2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7010 6.jpg
    IMG_7010 6.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 802
Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Your young daughter did a great job with the pictures. So did you with the Sheene! :thumb:

I forgot to ask: How tall are you?

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Looks good, was wearing my Sheene today and thinking how much I like this design. It does look like they gave you some pretty dark brown as requested, you can see the difference. (at least I have convinced myself that I can)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a cracker! You nailed the fit. Time to take the label off it and just live in it for a while...

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Wow guys, I'm blushing right now. Thank you so much. It IS the jacket I've been dreaming of for sure. I just hate that it is 70+ degrees here daily now (did I just say that?) because it means at least 6 months before I can begin to put this thing into play. Thanks again for all of the gracious comments and to PAWINEGUY, Technovox, 06911s, mowgli222, and others for letting me steal your designs and your knowledge. I'm a real "happy camper".

dan_t

Practically Family
A home run if ever I saw one!

A magnificent jacket & the hide looks brilliant. It appears to already have quite a depth to the colouring from that shot of the back. No doubt, many, many years of happy wear to come!

bbq

Familiar Face
Very slick and a great fit. Best of all, it's got the look. I have a very dark brown aero jacket that's a bit more than a month and a half old. I think you'll really like the look and feel at it ages.

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
You did well. It looks the business, as our GB friends would say.

Yes it was 70 degrees today, but worry not, it will be back to below freezing before the next three weeks are finished. There should be plenty of cool weather here in Tennessee, if you are in Middle or East Tennessee. Or if we have an early and lengthy Spring, just turn the A/C to 67 degrees and wear it in the house with lots of movement in the shoulders and arms. That will do the trick, and you will be ready to go in September when we start to cool down.

Congratulations on a job well done. PC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ