Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sheene in Seal Vicenza..

mowgli222

One of the Regulars
Just took delivery of this jacket from Thurston Bros. Just wanted to give a shoutout to Carrie and Wade for their wonderful customer service before anything. They made the process as seamless as possible.

Back to the jacket. Carrie earlier posted some pictures of this jacket in the other thread here that show the grain better. It is the Aero Sheene in Seal Vicenza. A standard size 38 with the below modifications. Found a tag that said that "Julie Leitch" made the jacket.

• No shoulder gussets
  • Three-Pocket Design…chest pocket on left chest to be horizontal, not slanted
  • Single pointed, “V”-shaped yoke
  • Two piece arms (Japanese slim-fit arms)
  • Antique brass hardware
  • Diamond-Shaped Talon Pull on Chest Pocket
  • Bell Pulls with Horsehide Toggles on Handwarmer Pockets
  • .5 inches added to each side panel so that the jacket is tapered to 1 inch larger in circumference at the bottom hem
  • August Collar
  • Olive cotton drill lining throughout

Very happy with the fit of the jacket and the weight as it is also going to be an evening jacket and not something used for riding. The leather is soft but not as stiff as the regular FQHH and I am hoping it will drape better once it is broken in..

Some pictures.

DSC_9000.jpg

DSC_9002.jpg

DSC_9004.jpg

Zipped up..

DSC_9009.jpg

DSC_9007.jpg

Just another picture in direct sunlight inside the house.

DSC_9010.jpg

mowgli222

One of the Regulars
Thank you all.. About the untucked shirt, I usually tuck in my shirt in dress pants and chinos. These pictures were taken just after I got back from work and was eager to try on the jacket.

With jeans however, I usually dont tuck and wear mostly button down shirts. Those shirts are also not this long and probably show just an inch or two below the jacket.

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Jacket looks incredible mowgli222! If you have the time, could you put those photos up on our StyleForum.net affiliate thread? Again...the jacket looks absolutely incredible!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Just to add, I really like the shape of the yoke on these... while mine has the shoulder gussets so it's a little busier, the back on yours is just about as perfect as you can get (IMO) for a casual jacket. With its slimmer fit it's really such a great casual / evening jacket.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Homerun Boyo! Nice. One of the best Sheene fit pics yet...
Say, I may have missed it, but how tall are you and what do you weigh.
I know theres one of these in my future...

Gromulus

Practically Family
Very nice and an excellent fit. I do think this style of jacket looks best on slimmer guys or on those with "tapered" physiques.

Enjoy!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Holy moly! That is one FANTASTIC jacket! Amazing, love the fit and especially the leather! You have convinced me to get one of these in dark seal Vicenza... Looks like we're pretty close weightwise, I'm 5'9" and 155lbs. Judging by your pics, the 38 will fit me perfectly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff