Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sizing

alladin

Familiar Face
HighandDry,

Thank you. Your jacket looks great.

Based on your sizing, the 36 should fit me ok since I wear a 38 suit jacket. Although, I am not entirely sure how much slimmer the premier 1930s is compared with the standard design. I will try and call Holly to find out.

BTW -is your jacket FQHH or mid-weight HH?

The intention is to wear the jacket with only a shirt or a light sweater.

I really think it depends on how you want to wear it.

I'm a 40 suit size and my 30's halfbelt is a 38. I love the fit, it's perfect with a light sweater or just a shirt. If I was looking to layer with heavier sweaters, I would have gone with a 40. However, when the weather get's colder, I switch to the D1 or Stockman.

Here's some pics with a light sweater.

BTW, this is an off the shelf 38 from Thurston Bros. I don't know if they specify anything different from Aero when they order their jackets. Funny thing, this jacket fits me better then any of my "custom" jackets!

HighandDry

A-List Customer
It's FQHH. Definitely check to see if the premier fit is slimmer. The 30's halfbelt I have is pretty slim fitting.

FWIW, I'm a 40 chest, 31" waist, 165 lb, 5' 11".

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I just learnt the hard way that the premier fit half belt has VERY small shoulders. While my 38 bootlegger in the premium fit is perfect, the half belt was just too tight across the shoulders and upper back, I'm sizing up. The 38 half belt had a shoulder to shoulder of 16.9 inches....thats pretty small in my experience.

ADDED: The bootlegger was 17.5 inches across the shoulder.

Whoa, I just measured my 38 halfbelt
18 inches shoulder to shoulder
21.5 pit to pit

alladin

Familiar Face
I spoke to Holly today and she said that the pit to pit and shoulder measurements were not available for the size 36 and 38 as they don't have any jackets made up. Her response was that a size 36 was the recommended size for my build based on their calculation. I can specify the sleeve length and back length if I wanted to deviate from their recommended measurements.

Should I stick to their recommendation for a size 36?

What is Aero's policy if a MTO jacket does not fit the client?

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I spoke to Holly today and she said that the pit to pit and shoulder measurements were not available for the size 36 and 38 as they don't have any jackets made up. Her response was that a size 36 was the recommended size for my build based on their calculation. I can specify the sleeve length and back length if I wanted to deviate from their recommended measurements.

Should I stick to their recommendation for a size 36?

What is Aero's policy if a MTO jacket does not fit the client?

Aero is pretty good about trying to satisfy their customers. However,in my experience if the beginning result is not good, the end result usually isn't either.
I had a Cheyenne that was HUGE (size recommended by Aero). I sent it back twice, but it never fit right. They didn't make me a new coat, but just kept trying to modify the original.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh, I always assumed they just put the wrong size one on the sale page and remade the jackets that didn't fit

alladin

Familiar Face
I got Aero to send me the shoulder and pit-pit measurent of a size 38 1930s halfbelt they currentlly have on sale - the measurements are shoulder: 17.5inches and pit-pit: 21 inches.

The premium 1930s 36 will be even smaller!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Just go measurements and faith! The aero sizing is all over the shop. The variation in patterns and sizing is phenomenal. Ken etc have created the jackets, just get your measurements spot on and hit send.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
You can always browse ebay for Thurston Bros listings and might find a model listing you're interested in. All of their stuff is marked with up to date measurements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters