Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero "Team" Board Racer

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Get rid of the stars and that is a winner. Vanson had a similar jacket, the T-Bird or something along those lines. A collaboration out of Paris.

MF had two versions one with and one without stars.... not many of ether around for sale nowadays though..

Edward

Bartender
Interesting. Not to my personal tastes, BUT a great showcase piece for what is possible. I like the ideal of a contrast colour leather in the sleeve-zip gusset; I could see that looking cool matched to a lining - e.g re leather with a red drill liner.

Saw this at the sale, it looks great. Apparently, there's a lot of interest from the Japanese market.

Unsurprising, really - I get the impression that there's a bigger market for this style of decorated racer jacket in Japan.

Stars/stripes on one sleeve only?

Probably Speedway inspired. I've seen a lot of speedway stuff over the years where there was this sort of asymmetry in the design - something to do with racing in circles and only ever going the one direction.

I like the black and yellow color scheme, but I wish the letters were also leather instead of what appears to be wool. Makes me think too much of a letterman jacket.

They look to me like the same chenille 'Aero' letters that were on the MC sweater. I believe this style to be correct for a certain period, though more modern jackets would have them in plain leather.

Edward

Bartender
I think that's the first time I've seen a big, red, five-point star combined with such explicitly American iconography!

These sorts of jackets look great to me as racing colours, though I find it hard to imagined wearing them as streetwear with my own wardrobe. All the same, the earlier ones somehow look much classier than race leathers we see now - maybe because they were designed more as team colours rather than to incorporate as many sponsor logos as possible? Or so it seems.

I did for a long time want that red with white stripes cross-zip jacket Brad PItt wore in the headlamp-smashing sequence in Fight Club, but again these days I wear nothing else it would go with.

These are cool:
631B6D9E-4845-45A0-89BF-519E7EA27428.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy