Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero to make jackets for new Hollywood WW2 Film, "The Monuments Men"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Bartender
http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsma..._map={"10152396775245368":".UOqXEe6w7go.like"

Just discovered this via the Aero Facebook page. Interesting premise - and a refreshing change from the combat-fixation of most WW2 era pictures of recent years. (Cue howls of protest that Brand X A2s are so far more accurate than Aero's offerings, and that the film will be rubbish as a result... :p lol ).

It will be interesting to see if Aero put out any specific models / lines relating to this, in the same vein as ELC's Pearl Harbour jackets and Red Tails bits.

wdw

One Too Many
That was written by our very own Sloan. He linked to it in another thread somewhere.

I don't see Ken as being the Hollywood tie-in type though, but you never know.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
One doesn't like to blow one's trumpet :D, but, yes, I did write this. Ken mentioned rather casually that they were doing this - we had been talking Aero about doing costumes for the new Bladerunner, though I'm not sure that's happening now - and it seemed perfect for a stand-alone story.

majormajor

One Too Many
A nice article.

The film is due to premier in the US just before next Christmas, so a bit of a wait yet;)

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
No, I'm just an Aero junkie who's been waiting for his latest fix for a very long time.

Thanks for your articles, Sloan. Been enjoying them; I speak as a fellow hack.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! They're very game for indulging my interest at a time when they've got their hands full. I'm sure Ken wouldn't have thought twice about saying 'no' if he'd wanted to.

thor

Call Me a Cab
No, I'm just an Aero junkie who's been waiting for his latest fix for a very long time.

Thanks for your articles, Sloan. Been enjoying them; I speak as a fellow hack.

Maybe you could say you're Clooney's stunt double and need an A-2 ASAP; they'll bump you to the head of the waiting list! :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
You can just see it, the first day of shooting:
Clooney: "Hmmm, is this really the right contract?"
Goodman: "Gee, I'm really not sure."
Damon: "Hey, Clooney, how come you've got a Bronco? I wanted that!"
Clooney: "Damon, is your name at the top of the bill? No, that's why you don't get it"
*Daniel Craig quietly admires the stitching on his jacket*
Craig: "Can't I just wear my Highwayman?"

thor

Call Me a Cab
You can just see it, the first day of shooting:
Clooney: "Hmmm, is this really the right contract?"
Goodman: "Gee, I'm really not sure."
Damon: "Hey, Clooney, how come you've got a Bronco? I wanted that!"
Clooney: "Damon, is your name at the top of the bill? No, that's why you don't get it"
*Daniel Craig quietly admires the stitching on his jacket*
Craig: "Can't I just wear my Highwayman?"

And the best perk to being one of the actors is they get to keep their jackets!

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Was there any indication about the types of jackets to worn by the cast? ( made by Aero) Will it be only A-2's or can we expect some period civilian and German jackets as well?

majormajor

One Too Many
Here's Mr Craig in his HWM....:D

danielcraighighwayman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot