Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero wool and leather Halfbelt

No not through "a flood of returns" , we try to ensure good pattern matching because it is the right way to do it.

Was kidding with the flood but you know how people would often post stuff like "Help, one sleeve is showing slightly more pronounced grain than the other! Do I send it back??" even on this forum so I bet that even if the pattern wasn't matched by a micrometer - Even if the difference was barely perceivable - someone, somewhere would've noticed and complained about it.

I’m glad Carlos mentioned that and it’s something I should’ve mentioned in my first post. The jacket is perfectly symmetrical with regard to the plaid. Even the sleeves mirror one another exactly which I’m sure ramps up the degree of difficulty in making a piece like this.
Every single panel painstakingly mirrors the panel on the opposite side of the jacket.

Another thing to note, even though this is primarily a wool jacket, it does require a bit of “break in”. Came out of the box pretty stiff and bulbous but quickly melts to the wearer. I think without question this is my favorite Aero to date. I wish I’d have tried the style sooner. The temptation is to hock off my few remaining leathers and just become the wool Halfbelt guy. :D
As no post of mine is really complete without pictures from my (regrettable) photo studio…I present these. You can zoom in and see the texture better and the collar is nicely tamed. First pic is more yellow than reality.
717071E2-33E0-4DA6-98D0-E25964E7C7E6.jpeg

3ED935C9-A160-4602-B520-60D6F98FF5F1.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Another thing to note, even though this is primarily a wool jacket, it does require a bit of “break in”. Came out of the box pretty stiff and bulbous but quickly melts to the wearer. I think without question this is my favorite Aero to date. I wish I’d have tried the style sooner. The temptation is to hock off my few remaining leathers and just become the wool Halfbelt guy. :D
As no post of mine is really complete without pictures from my (regrettable) photo studio…I present these. You can zoom in and see the texture better and the collar is nicely tamed. First pic is more yellow than reality.
View attachment 435910
View attachment 435912

So WHEN exactly are you looking to HOCK OFF the remaining leather jackets bro!?!?!?!??!!?! ; )

I know this isn't for everyone but I dig everything about it----except the color. Celtic Green is not allowed in my realm......... but this is pretty spectacular. Its appropriately the color of pure ENVY!!!!

I know the type of wool you are referring to....... coarse hair wool like the old Peacoats---the scratchy kind of stuff water just sorta beads up on....... I love that you went with the corduroy lining. I have that in a couple of jackets and I really like it. It has a different feel than satin type liners for sure. The symmetry on the plaid as others have noted is great workmanship and attention to detail.

You should already be ordering your FESTIVUS model........maybe with a wider back gap so that your agility will not be limited during the FESTIVUS FEATS OF STRENGTH!!!

This was an ambitious endeavor and it really paid off for you. I have a feeling perhaps those that don't immediately dig this will have it grow on them the more they ogle the pics. Well done Tony!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
My dad was a gardener, and throughout his life whenever the weather was bad he would wear green canadian shirts like this one.
Because of that this fabric has always been special to me, it's basically how i remember my dad, that and the smell of freshly cut grass and two stroke fuel... I might have to ask Aero to make me a copy of the Tony special in memory of my dad.

cAwNzlB.jpg

X2BwmrG.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
My dad was a gardener, and throughout his life whenever the weather was bad he would wear green canadian shirts like this one.
Because of that this fabric has always been special to me, it's basically how i remember my dad, that and the smell of freshly cut grass and two stroke fuel... I might have to ask Aero to make me a copy of the Tony special in memory of my dad.

cAwNzlB.jpg

X2BwmrG.jpg

By all means: do it! How nice to have something to connect with your dad that you can actually wear and enjoy…!

My dad had no sense of style in clothing or accessories whatsoever. He just didn’t care. For him, the cheapest option was always the best option. I am not talking „rugged workwear“ here either. Just cheapo mall stuff, no doubt sewn together by very tiny hands indeed. I miss him, but not for his valuable insights in sustainable clothing…;).

cAwNzlB.jpg

X2BwmrG.jpg
You will absolutely love it Carlos! If you like the Browns Beach and the SJC...this wool is far better than both. Depending on how you intend to wear it, I'd line the whole thing in corduroy...feels like a heavy toasty blanket on the inside.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Looks good. The green is a touch bright for my tastes but that is completely a personal thing. Does Aero offer other colors like maybe a navy blue or brown check? I also keep forgetting the pass the links along Ton but there are quite a few interesting mixed fabric jackets by Flathead on buyee. I'm all jacketed out so they're not for me but they look really nice.

Like these:
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b1054581862
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/g1055766347
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/w1030547643 (all wool but looks nice imo -- socal is just never cold enough for melton wool)

Looks good. The green is a touch bright for my tastes but that is completely a personal thing. Does Aero offer other colors like maybe a navy blue or brown check? I also keep forgetting the pass the links along Ton but there are quite a few interesting mixed fabric jackets by Flathead on buyee. I'm all jacketed out so they're not for me but they look really nice.

Like these:
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b1054581862
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/g1055766347
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/w1030547643 (all wool but looks nice imo -- socal is just never cold enough for melton wool)
Those look superb!! I already have another in mind. Premier HWM, herringbone grey tweed, leather bits at the collar, back yoke, pocket piping and adjustment belts. Plan on firing up the crude photoshop this weekend and seeing if Aero will bite.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Inspiring jacket Tony!

There’s a wool/leather Hercules longer half belt on the ‘bay right now and even that isn’t matched in the plaid panels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto