Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Zipper Wavyness

Benj

One of the Regulars
I was going to mention Lost Worlds as a counterargument to Devilish's hypothesis, but I'm done stirring the pot. Also, not interested enough in Lost Worlds to really investigate whether their jackets display it or not. For all I know Lost Worlds has wavy zips too, Aero's website shows straight zips as well but it seems like that's not necessarily what you're going to receive.

Also, Devilish, who told you that Japanese companies ask Shinki to roll the leather and make it smooth? A representative at Shinki or a Japanese brand?

AdeeC

Practically Family
Now that this can of worms has been brought up how about the "tyre marks" left on seams by the unthinking sewing machine foot on otherwise perfect looking jackets? Seen it on all the best jackets. Not that I think this is a defect but I just want to alert the OCD sufferers just in case they missed it.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Complain-05-23-12-398x400.jpg

science-patents-invention-creative-inventors-complaining-mban742_low.jpg

images

Edward

Bartender
Ok, let's not go too far down that road...

It is an intesresting question, though: given that ideas of perfection vary so strongly (as discussed in Japan/Scotland thread), where do we draw the line? And do we sometimes obsess over things that aren't really flaws.... Or even accept things that are ... in our individual understandings of perfection? Clearly these things are very much an individual notion on some level - not the big stuff like, sake, pockets that don't line up or a faulty zip. Must require tremendous patience on the part of the manufacturer to deal with the likes of us as a customer base!

zebedee

One Too Many
It's that funny combination of 'Indestructible, weighs a ton, withstand the elements, throw yourself at a wall- these jackets are made to endure!' and 'I'll wear it on Wednesday, I think, if it's not going to spot in the rain. Wait a minute- is that a tiny scratch I see?' that makes for true obsessiveness.

When we're in the right mood, you give us a gold bar and we'd complain about the weight...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner