Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Agatha Christie's "Poirot"

herculepoirot

New in Town
Yes, mais oui, Poirot is a fabulous programme, and I love the attire, and all of the period features. I especially like the old ivory pyramid telephone that Poirot uses, and the little lapel tussie mussie he wears is brilliant! Bien sur, c'est magnifique, n'est-ce pas?

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
I absolutely adore the films. You are so right the clothing/hair/make-up and sets are terrific. Tried reading the books but can't bring myself to read them.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I too love Suchet's portrayal of Poirot. I have also enjoyed the Ustinov movies, but IMHO Suchet has nailed the character perfectly. I remember reading an interview with Suchet where he stated that he really gets into the character and one night he came home from filming and was having dinner with his wife, and was still speaking with his Belgian accent. He stated that his wife had to remind him that he was off the set. In the other filmed interviews I have seen of him he always seems to be the perfect gentleman. He would be an individual that I would love to have a good conversation with.

Kirk

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know I am totally late but I just watched the frist season of Poirot (Suchet) last week. Kinda like I expected. Rather slow, some good costumes and some bad (mainly the ladies).
There are many many beltbacks. Do you guys think they bought american stuff or are they british? Maybe all brit beltbacks are hoarded by costume departments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo